Fibromyalgia Support Group

You're not alone in your pain. Fibromyalgia is a condition that can be difficult to diagnose and manage. If you're trying to cope with pain throughout your body, sleep problems, general fatigue, or other common fibromyalgia symptoms, you're in the right place. The community is here for you to talk about therapies and share your challenges.

1 Online

Exercise

How do you all motivate yourselves to do the little bit of needed exercise so your body stays above apocalyptic pain levels? I have zero motivation. Whenever I get any downtime, all I want to do is flop in bed / the couch and put a movie on. But I know if I don't do it, I feel like poop anyway. Plus, when I don't keep up with my exercise regimen I feel additional weakness besides what the fibro does to me. But really, this fibro makes me feel like vegging whenever I can. Ugh...... 

Replies

Fantod
Fantod

Blue - You are in PT for ED right now. Between that and horse therapy doesn't that count as exercise? I'm being serious here. You swim or hike fairly often too. Surely all of that counts for something.

Like anything else associated with Fibromyalgia, it is pretty hard to plan anything. I swim summer because it's easy and the pool is in my back yard. And, I like it. Winter is another story entirely. I'm less active because the weather affects me. I shovel some snow here and there and that's about it.

I think that under the circumstances, you do pretty well. If the weather here was more cooperative, I'd be doing more stuff outside. Maybe you could just do some some stretching exercises while watching Netflix. Hugs!
AngelaJo
AngelaJo

Its so hard, and when i am finally on the home program thru PT i keep getting sick and cant do the exercises and now because i am on levaquin and had steroids i am at risk for tendon tears so can not do any exercise. Hard to get back to it too! Biggest motivation for me is to not end up back on my cane, but the way things are going its hard to see that not happening.
BlueSky
BlueSky

I finished PT already and am waiting to see if the VA allows anymore. Horse therapy will soon take a winter break and resume in Jan. It's getting harder to swim at the beach too because the water and wind cools off this time of year.

Exactly, Angela. It's hard to stay motivated when PT is over. I hope you can stay off your cane. I already notice increased knee pain.

Thanks, Fantod. I thought I was doing a lot too... but when I finished the final PT session, the therapist made it sound like I have zero muscle tone and I should be out there working out as much as I can. Maybe when I was a Marine, possibly, but my doctor didn't refer me to you because I'm lazy. Anyway, he saw how much pain I'm in. But you're right, I'll try doing more stuff during netflix. I did try last night and the night before -fell asleep both times lol.
Bobbii
Bobbii

Ugh, I feel the same. If I do any type of exercise, I pay dearly. More pain, weakness. I don’t have motivation when that happens.

I agree with Fantod, you do a lot of exercise.
Leo
Leo

Just life can be exercise. That said, I have my canes from when I had to relearn to walk. The sight of those, and knowing that slacking too much will mean I a, back on them? big inspiration for me. But u ique to me, as well. No daily routines of exercise is essentially me skipping physiotherapy, and I struggle as is, so... I do break it up. Five mi ites here, there. Like I will focus on one muscle group area whatever at ten AM, then worry about the next at noon.
Posts You May Be Interested In:
  • jennyoo7

I'm really sorry everyone

During my stress yesterday I posted very sensitive stuff on here without warning others. I've deleted it in an attempt to make it right but I'm really sorry for anyone I upset and will be more thoughtful next time. 
  • StarBrightGal

Happy Weekend Heart-Felt Fluff-n-Stuff

What are you doing to keep busy this weekend? I'll be shopping for Christmas today with my Dad. Tomorrow I will go to church and see a baby and a couple kids be baptized. I always thought those were private. Lol. I plan to work on crafts this weekend too and I hope to go to Booster Juice today for a Brazillian Smoothie! I love that kind :) Happy weekend heart-felt friends :)