Fibromyalgia Support Group

You're not alone in your pain. Fibromyalgia is a condition that can be difficult to diagnose and manage. If you're trying to cope with pain throughout your body, sleep problems, general fatigue, or other common fibromyalgia symptoms, you're in the right place. The community is here for you to talk about therapies and share your challenges.

2 Online
2 Online

Celtic Sea Salt

My doc started me on about a teaspoon a day and I was really afraid to use it, as I bloat so easily w/table salt and I have High blood pressure.

He talked me into it, and I am amazed. I don't know if its from the Celtic sea salt or just coincidence, but I am really feeling better...not pain free, just overall better. I am not bloating, in fact if anything, I notice my rings are looser.

Has anyone used this? I have done some searches and found all kinds of health benefits, including kidney stones, heart disease, blood pressure, etc. I also don't feel as hungry..wierd.

Replies

deleted_user
deleted_user

I am running out now to buy some...thanks for sharing...and I am glad you are feeling better....yipppppeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!.Cathi :)
deleted_user
deleted_user

Heck, I will try some if it helps for these darn kidney stones! Sounds like a great idea! Thanks for the tip San
deleted_user
deleted_user

Hi San,
This sounds very hopeful. What kind of Dr. recommended it? What did he say it could do for fibro? Thanks, Maureen
deleted_user
deleted_user

My doctor is a D.O., he specializes in musculoskeletal problems. I think he wanted me to use it for the fibro pain, as I was telling him how badly I had been feeling recently, I guess I should have clarified it with him. I certainly will when I see him next week. Will let you all know.
deleted_user
deleted_user

Celtic sea salt means that it is harvested using traditional Celtic methods (hand harvested in France). It has a beautiful grey coloring/mineral content from the salt ponds it comes from. This is the one I buy:

http://www.saltworks.us/shop/product.asp?idProduct=265

You'll love it. It's great for Neti pots too :)
deleted_user
deleted_user

I use Himalayan salt. It's ancient, pink and used to be in a sea until the continents collided and pushed it up as mountains.

I did the tsp a day for awhile but now I just use it in my diet. I use less salt than usual - it just seems saltier.