My 5 yr. old son was diagnosed with epilepsy just before Christmas. We now know by piecing things together that he has had other seizures before his diagnosis. But once they came it was like the flood gates opened up & they were happening all the time. His neuro put him on Trileptol(sp?) as his first medicine and he is still having seizures though not as frequently. They are still frequent enough to leave me in a constant state of worry. I can't even sleep for fear something will happen. He had a seizure in the park yesterday which was one of the worst. I never thought he'd come out of it & those 9 minutes seemed like an eternity. After it is done & before he falls to sleep for several hours he picks at the ground with his fingers & does not recognize us in any way. I'm sorry this is long winded, but it is all so new. The doctor says he is as high as he can go on Trileptol & wants us to switch to Keppra. I am nervous because there have been no side effects with Trileptol. I would really appriciate any advice on how to handle any of this, it is a hard road.
Posts You May Be Interested In
I'm trying to exercise daily. I was doing fairly well until I sprained my ankle 2 weeks ago but now I'm getting back on the horse. Today I walked over a mile with my arm weights that are about 22lbs total. I was out of shape and it was hard on my arms. I also did my 30 situps. I'm also going to drink a lot of water and try to eat healthy. I do tend to have a sweet tooth but I'm cutting...
Has anyone switched from spiriva and to what, if so. Was the new med as effective as spiriva? My part d plan will no cover it next year and I'm trying to figure out if I. Should go from an advantage plan or straight medicare with part d. I really need help deciding