Enlarged Prostate Support Group

Benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH) refers to an enlarged prostate gland that can cause urinary problems in aging men. If an enlarged prostate goes untreated, urine flow can become weak or even blocked from leaving the bladder. It leads to symptoms of urinary hesitancy, frequent urination, increased risk of urinary tract infections and urinary retention.

0 Online
  • spencermm

So, how many times a night...

So, how many times a night do you get up to urinate?
  • reno2

Urolift ?

New here, has anyone had the Urolift procedure ? And did it help ? I'm thinking of looking into it. Flowmax does not help much , and the side effects are bad for me .
  • discodan242

I'm really frightened of TURP Surgery

I'm 32 years old and have a pretty enlarged prostate. I have symptoms of being up 4 times a night, having a constant urge to urinate during the day, and having a fairly weak stream when I urinate. My Urologist said that the only thing we can do is TURP, because Flomax has such a limited effect. He didn't discuss any options with me, but I found out that Urolift isn't covered by my insurance. I...
  • Be Wary in Choosing both HIFU and the Surgeons who Perform itMy HIFU Case HistoryI was a college professor (PhD in mathematics) and afterward a programmer at Hewlett Packard for 10 years. I am now retired.In July, 2007, I underwent a HIFU procedure in Niagara Falls, Canada, in an attempt to alleviate urinary problems caused by a benign, enlarged prostate. Dr George Suarez of Miami, FL and Dr...
  • Dear Gentlemen,I am Andre Uflacker, MD, Assistant Professor of Vascular and Interventional Radiology at the University of Virginia in Charlottesville, VA. My colleague, Dr. Ziv Haskal, and I have just recently obtained the go-ahead from the FDA to conduct a trial of Prostatic Artery Embolization here at UVA, and because of the investigational and new nature of the procedure we feel like physician...
  • dosga

Increased PSA, Newbie Here

For the past 3-4 years, my PSA has been 2.6, 2.8. This week, labs show it's now 4.5-- has increased 1.7 to 1.9 in 17-18 months (My last PSA prior to this week was in May 2014).I'm worried. With this rate of increase, I'm fearful that this might be cancer and not BHP.My question, is such a rate of increase ok for a BPH diagnosis? How high can PSA go and still get a diagnosis of BPH?I'm 63 years...
  • deleted_user

Prostate diet?

Is there a typical diet to help with enlarged prostate? I am new to this group and I know very little about the subject.
  • i have a script that ran out a month and half early and they won't let me re-up ttill may 10.if anybody takes Flomax/Tamsulosin or has access to Flomax/Tamsulosin i am indeed in need.i have cash
  • pinkfish

Prostate Massage

Hello,My partner is recently diagnosed with BPH/Enlarged Prostate and we are looking for alternative treatments to deal with it.Going through this forum helped a lot, but I didn't see prostate massage being mentioned?Is there anyone who has experience with this and the effects of it?How many times a week? With a device or manual? Professional help or self help?Any input would be great!thnx!Susanna
  • phreddd

Hi, I'm a 60 yr old man who is reasonably fit in spite of several chronic health "issues." (colostomy, epilepsy, chronic pain, insomnia) I've had mild to moderate BPH for years and sporadically used saw paletto with limited success. I'm probably making the situation worse by sitting front of my computer most of the day and sitting on a bicycle seat the rest of the time. In addition, I have a...
  • My 82 year father has an enlarged prostate and has to use the bathroom frequently. He wears a pad for incontinence as well. He takes medication for this and sees an urologist. I've noticed that when he is done using the bathroom there often is a little pool of urine on the floor about a foot out in front of the toilet (I know that he is sitting). My suspicion is that when he gets up from the...
  • I came here for help and hope bu no one seemd to ever answer my questions?
  • Almost 65 yrs old. Started having UTIs 10 yrs ago. 4-6 weeks of antibiotics to knock it down.This resulted in PSA testing which showed '6'-ish at age 55, so of five (5) TRUS biopsies over 4 years, only one showed Gleason 3+3, the rest were "negative" for 'cancer'. No lumps, etc. So I'm "watch and wait", PSA checking 3 times a year has slowly gone from high 2's, low 3's to it's present high 4's...
  • deleted_user

no ejeculate

I have been dating a guy for almost two years. When we have had sex in all that time he has only ejecculated one time. Some things he just refuses to discuss. He ejeculates when he masterbates every time. He also go to the toilet at least every 15 minutes. He is 62. I am wondering if this is just normal for a man his age or what? Is it something I should try to have him seek medical attention...
  • Does anyone else use Calias for Daily use 5 mg to help enlarge prostrate.I have to urineate almost every half hour and never feel emptyied.I also dripple alot.