Endometriosis Support Group

Endometriosis is a common medical condition where the tissue lining the uterus is found outside of the uterus, typically affecting other organs in the pelvis. The condition can lead to serious health problems, primarily pain and infertility. A major symptom of endometriosis is pain, mostly in the lower abdomen, lower back, and pelvic area.

0 Online
0 Online

Lupron Wearing off?

I did a six month treatment of lupron. I was wondering about how long it will take to wear off? We are going to be TTC and want to go on a cruise in April, so I am trying to figure it all out. Any input?

Replies

deleted_user
deleted_user

Before my complete hysterectomy, I had a total of 18 Lupron injections over the course of 2 1/2yrs. It seemed after the last injection that they would start wearing off just a couple of months later.

Personally, I wish I hadn't done Lupron therapy. For me, it didn't have any long term benefits. Lupron also causes muscle deterioration and bone loss, which contributed to my fibromyalgia and arthritis pain.

I have however heard of others who had great success with Lupron and they went on to lead relatively pain-free lives for several years after treatment. It's different for everyone.

I hope this helps :)