2 tsp. of corn oil
1 medium-sized onion, diced
2 tsp. of garlic, minced
1/2 cup of low-sodium chicken broth
3/4 cup of corn kernels cut off cob (or substitute 3/4 cup of frozen corn kernels)
2 cups of yellow squash, diced
2 tomatoes, halved and sliced
2 tbsp. of queso fresco or feta cheese, crumbled
1/4 tsp. of salt (optional)
1/8 tsp. of freshly ground black pepper
1. In a cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat, add oil and onion. Saute onion for approximately 3 minutes.
2. Add garlic and continue cooking for 1 minute.
3. Add chicken broth, corn, and squash. Reduce heat to medium. Simmer until squash is just soft.
4. Add tomatoes and cook until tomatoes are warm, but not mushy.
5. Sprinkle with cheese and season lightly with salt and pepper. Serve.
Calories per serving: 101. Carbohydrates: 15 grams. Fat: 3 grams. Protein: 4 grams. Fiber: