3/4 lb. of cooked, shredded chicken breast (about 2 cups)
1 small red onion, diced
1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
1 small or 1/2 large head of romaine lettuce
1 medium tomato, cored, seeded, and diced
1/4 cup (1 oz.) of grated anejo or pepper jack cheese
4 oz. of baked, unsalted tortilla chips
1 cup of canned, fat-free, refried black beans
For the dressing:
2 tbsp. of red wine vinegar
3 tbsp. of olive oil
Salt & pepper to taste (optional)
3 tbsp. of fat-free sour cream
1. Combine the chicken, onion, and cilantro in a medium bowl.
2. In another bowl, combine the lettuce, tomato, cheese, and 3 ounces of tortilla chips.
3. In a small pot, heat the beans over low heat, stirring often to prevent sticking. Add some water, if the beans are dry (about 3 tablespoons).
4. To make the dressing, combine red wine vinegar, olive oil, salt, and pepper in a small jar or bottle. Cover and shake vigorously to combine, or whisk the ingredients together.
5. To serve, pour one half of the dressing on the reserved chicken mixture to coat generously, and toss well. Pour the remaining half of the dressing on the lettuce mixture, toss well, and divide on four plates. Top with chicken mixture, 1/4 cup of refried beans, and 3/4 tablespoon of sour cream. Garnish with 1 ounce of baked tortilla chips.