Depression Support Group

Depression is a real and debilitating condition that is often misunderstood by family and friends. Its meaning can range from a prolonged period of sadness to an actual mental illness with specific symptoms. Find and share experiences with others who are going through the same struggles.

2 Online
2 Online

overcomeing sitting staring for hours at a time

in a slump doing nothing, what do you do.

Replies

deleted_user
deleted_user

JUST get up, and do something. Even if you don't feel it. Even if you feel like your body is too heavy to carry around. Just do each and everything one step at a time. You won't feel it, but you don't have to feel to do.

That is option 1

Option 2, sit there and think about something that moves you to do it. Option 1 usually comes faster.
deleted_user
deleted_user

Something that inspires you :)
TroJanThunder
TroJanThunder

Just do something easy. Roll round on the floor. Play some music. Pet the cat. Hug the dog! =)
deleted_user
deleted_user

Sound's easy....
deleted_user
deleted_user

lol good point
deleted_user
deleted_user

I have envy in you people
deleted_user
deleted_user

daydreaming has become dangerous
deleted_user
deleted_user

lol i'm still on this couch, and have been for 3 hours now. not this people, surely.
deleted_user
deleted_user

wee all guilty
ZAZAS
ZAZAS

sleep?
deleted_user
deleted_user

i always find it hard to get out of bed. its so damn hard and people dont realize it. lay in bed, watch tv, read a book, go for a walk... whatever u can convince yourself of doing
deleted_user
deleted_user

Yeah i go to bedat like 8 pm and have morning insomnia and wake up at 7 30 am and have to get out of bed ACK! and having no job, kinda sucks. I have creative outlets but the depression is so bad i can't pick up the gutiar for more than 20 min or even want to mess with getting out the paints. I can't write poetry, I can't concentrate reading I just stare daydream not so healthy dreams
meandthebeast
meandthebeast

sorry Krice.. I hate when the depression gets to me like that. It seems like that you cant force yourself to do anything... It will get better.. I promise.... good luck