Depression Support Group

Depression is a real and debilitating condition that is often misunderstood by family and friends. Its meaning can range from a prolonged period of sadness to an actual mental illness with specific symptoms. Find and share experiences with others who are going through the same struggles.

1 Online
1 Online

Full Moon?

Does a full moon make you feel any different than usual. Do you find that you are more irritable? I am. Ter

Replies

deleted_user
deleted_user

Do we have a full moon tonight? There have been many studies showing a full moon brings out many emotions.
ter1
ter1

I don't know the moon phases are not on my calendar. Does anyone else know?
deleted_user
deleted_user

Despite a full moon, there are so many factors to feeling blue and irrationable. Hang in there. Sending you smiles and hugs :-)
Friend19
Friend19

Ter1, here is a full moon calendar I found online.

http://www.screensaver-download.com/full_moon_calendar_dates.html

---You have to scroll down to the bottom to see the dates for 2010
Bistro
Bistro

The Full Moon gets me everytime. Sometimes it brings me to my knees kind of depression. Other times I'm manic. Sometimes I get irritable. Yes, the Full Moon has a draw on me just like it does the waves on the ocean.
deleted_user
deleted_user

Are you sure it's not just Bistro with his pants down???
LeeWatmough
LeeWatmough

A full moon is an indication of "intensified emotions" as the moon's powerful effect on the planet is at it's highest when this occurs.

It's been noted that the cycles of the moon effect the tides of the oceans, and seeing as were between 70 - 90 water as humans it just makes sense that this would have some sort of effect on us.

In Astrology the moon is to the with the emotional side of us, our intuitions and so forth, and it has been noted many times that riots, fights and other emotional-driven events happen on full moons.
deleted_user
deleted_user

I love full moons. They hypnotize me and mesmerize me.
I can stare and stare for hours at a full moon. I'm very drawn to them.
deleted_user
deleted_user

Me, too, Bridget, the Moon and I are good friends. (The Curse of the Were-artist)

We here in N.America are just leaving a last quarter moon, and are heading into a New Moon, on the 12th.

The next Full Moon will be June 26th.

Full moons are just really beautful phenomena, to me; mezmerizing from an artistic point of view. They've never had much effect on my moods other than that. But I have seen people use the Full Moon as an excuse to go doollally bonkers, and get mean and horrible. Not cool.

As a civilized human being, I don't find there's much excuse for being horrible, ever......whether it's the moon, or mental illness, or the cashier at the store was a wanker, or someone cut me off in traffic.

If I know I'm in a highly emotional state, I try and guard the public and people I love from potentially highly charged, negative, bad reactions I might have.

Just sayin'.
ter1
ter1

I agree with you 100% Azure, there is no justification to being angry and mean....However when you feel like a raw exposed nerve having salt rubbed into you keeping your cool sometimes doesn't work -- justified or not. Ter
ZAZAS
ZAZAS

Full moons are where the word LUNA tics comes from. No, I am not calling anyone a lunatic. In the old day they would chain up people with mental illness in a tower (to be closer to the moon) for healing. Aren't you glad you were born in this time frame.
ter1
ter1

ZAZAS yes -- I am so glad I was born in this time. I am doing some work on a family tree book and I found out that I have an ancestor that died in the war of 1812 from a fever and shortly after that his wife was found guilty of witchcraft. I found the story in ancestry.com from a genealogy buff that has that particular ancestor in common with me. I can't help and think that poor woman was probably mentally ill -- maybe a lunatic. I do find that I get a bit 'funny' (not in a good way) during the full moon.... usually in the form of having careless accidents. Ter