DailyStrength Members Community Support Group

Welcome! This community exists for DailyStrength members to have a place to share thoughts and feedback about the site with the folks that run DailyStrength. DailyStrength team members will regularly visit this community, sharing new product ideas, seeking feedback and beta testers, and most importantly, listening to you. Come join us!

1 Online

Dear ShareCare Inc...

Or, should I say, Dr. Oz? And that guy who got WebMd started?

If your goal is to make this so unfriendly to users that you can excuse shutting it down, then just shut it down. If your goal is to really provide a free, safe, supportive place... Then invest in fixing the site so that people can log in, post, reply, navigate, etc., without running into a plethora of errors to such a point that there's only frustration, and no support available. I actually had no problems at all with the old pre-2016 format and never understood why people *did*, but... This is hurting people. Real live actual people are stressed and hurting *worse*. OK? So, even if your motto is "First get some money", instead of "First do no harm"? Let us DS users know. We're used to being dumped out with the rubbish. After all, we're just whiny sick people, right?

Yeah, I went there. I said it. So? I've been loyal for 7 years to DS. I'm tired of a site so kludgy that AOL in 1998 looks good by comparison, using dial-up. This is ridiculously harmful to many people for whom DS *was* a reliable source of social contact sans judgmental BS. For some, this is the only positive social contact they find during a hard time. I owe this site's fellow users a *lot*. So I'm laying it out there to you, ShareCare. Either you care about human beings, or you don't. Which is it?

Yours in pain and PTSD,

Leo

Replies

Community Leaderacuriousfish
acuriousfish

Leo, I've asked that someone from DS or Sharecare gives a public response to this thread.
Leo
Leo

Thank you. B/c it's been hard to keep people from leaving since the revamp,a nd it's getting harder, and newcomers don't stick around. *Not* the purpose of the site, IMHO.
bobinmaine
bobinmaine

Years ago, while I was still in college, I got a summer job as a computer programmer working for the state. It was a job that I took home with me every day because coding had to be perfect or else the computer would not understand what you are talking about and as a result, it would give an error message. Going through the logic of a computer program written in code which is like a foreign language, to find an error is not an easy thing to do. I could see why programmers got burned out so quickly. It's not a job I would want as a lifelong occupation so I sympathize with the people here who try to make it all work in a user friendly manner.

I have been frustrated also in repeatedly getting those 503 back end fetch error messages but it is running a little better. My isp increased my download speed and I actually think that may have helped a little.

I miss the old site which was a huge, thriving community with alot of people who needed help and alot of people willing to provide that help. We had audio, video chat. Lives were saved through that instant chat where those who were suicidal could seek instant help from someone online. I personally know of 3 members who might not be here today had it not been for the instant chat. I hope someday DS can go back to it. It was a life saving tool......Maybe someday....

God Bless
Rosenkranz
Rosenkranz

I get the feeling that no one is working on this site, programmer or otherwise. All I have noticed is some new targeted ads that show up now and then. My old group is basically non-existent and it was a huge one. I think it is clear that they don't care. And they are not likely to tell us why.
Leo
Leo

I think that's another think we miss, Bobinmaine. Chat meant we culd be instantly in touch. I'd soone rhave that than a linkoption to Pinterest or the weird hgeu bnner atop every page sort of thing... But hey, I've told DS that since over a year ago. And we miss photo albums and group hugs and buttons that say "reply" instead of "send" or something.... It's the small things, especially for thsoe who are struggling.
AnnNY
AnnNY

I was looking to see if I could find a peripheral neuropathy anywhere a few nights ago, and none I found was active. There seemed to be a locked Facebook group. So I wondered if I should finally join Facebook. Then I ran across an article on 66 reasons people quit Facebook. So I'm wondering has everyone just moved to Facebook? I still can't see me doing it. I have nothing going on except making it through the day, and I don't really like putting more information about myself out there to be tracked and profiled. It maybe a holdover from being a teen in the '60s. It just seem bizarre to want to put so much out there.
Leo
Leo

I can't go to Facebook, the privacy settings aren't as good as they are here (for what that's worth), but.... I just don't know how to keep fighting the errors here, when so many people have given up. They sign up, then don't return....
Rosenkranz
Rosenkranz

Leo, I don't find FB to be a viable option either. You can, however, make a profile with a fake name so that you're totally anonymous. And their chat function is better.
MyTrueColors
MyTrueColors

imho, FB is definitely not an option if you want privacy, especially given that even if you don't use it on your phone, they still try to scare you into giving them a phone number. And once they have it, even if you change your name, you no longer have any privacy. :-((

This site, at least offered more of an illusion of privacy. I also belonged to a very large and active group and it is all but DEAD now. That happened AFTER they dumped the 'new & improved' site on us. When there's so few ways to access AND navigate the site and those don't work consistently, why wouldn't ppl give up? I've gone back to my original theory that this site is nothing more than a big tax write-off for the PTB.

And, ironically, I just got a 503 backend fetch error. I suspect we're all feeling like we're nothing more than the back end of a system that only cares about the bottom line and wants to be THE online healthcare monopoly.

"Sharecare is launching an app in January that the company wants to be the only health and wellness app on people’s smartphones. Arnold wants to marry functions for episodic care — when the person is sick — with the tools to keep wellness and health a foremost thought."
http://www.tennessean.com/story/money/industries/health-care/2016/07/27/healthways-sells-population-health-division-brand-to-sharecare/87631186/?from=global&sessionKey=&autologin=
Dooo
Dooo

I cannot say it much better than most did here. They told us we would get our photo albums back and that never happened and no one has answered if they will be coming back. Not that I care about those but its the point of no communication and no warning. People would have had the chance to save their pictures if needed. Members were asked to test the site and gave their feedback but I cannot see where one idea was listened too. That was a year and a half ago and not much has changed. Some bugs were fixed and a few silly things added but not much.

I agree. If DS cared about the people behind the screen they would put more money and people behind the program to get it fixed and improved. If not, tell us so we can find a place for support or build our own. Many people come here because its the only place they have. I myself will never use Facebook for my personal support. Its not anonymous and I have been catfished on that site with my identity stolen. I have seen many sites independently opened through free website builders. There have been a few groups from DS who went off and started their own thriving community.

I honestly do not think this site is going to improve or make any further major changes. They might leave it up a while to appear they care until there is no one left. I also think if we get a response it will be from someone who is not in charge and has no idea. They are just doing their job as best they can with what little tools they are given. When I first joined on the old site it was slow but I could deal with it because we had members who cared. The chat function did not work but most everything else did.
Dooo
Dooo

I also wanted to link my own post to this so that those replies are also included. There were many good thoughts on that one too when this extra major problem started over a month ago

https://www.dailystrength.org/group/dailystrength-members-community/discussion/site-problems-1
Leo
Leo

OMG, so we're just gonna be ignore because "apps" will make them money....

CALLING FOR PEOPLE TO GIVE US A SITE THAT ALLOWS US SOME PRIVACY AND SUPPORT AND a lot fewer repeated repeated repeated errors. (And, btw, the chat function did work for eyars on Old Ds, I used it. It was "slow" but it was *clean*, so to speak.)

I'm angry b/c I'm tired. We've ended up losing newcomers, old-timers, everyone in between, and it's ridiculous.

I hate that they're letting us rot.
Community Leaderacuriousfish
acuriousfish

All, I've been told that Jesse has passed this "up the ladder" - so hopefully there will be a response sometime soon.
Leo
Leo

Ah. Up the ladder. And what will trickle down, I wonder? *sigh*
Dooo
Dooo

What I thought. Up the giant beanstalk to the pot of gold.
Posts You May Be Interested In:
  • rastafairytail

I fight back... hard.

I can't stand the stuff he's put me through. It makes me feel more angry and hurt than I have ever felt in my life. At the same time I feel crazy. I used to approach him with issues rationally, with thought. I stopped bringing issues up until he emotionally abused me, because it was the best time to do so. If he started it: he initiated the abuse; not me. If I approached a concern on my terms I...
  • scaredtoadmit

I don't know what to do.

I need an outside perspective.My history makes me look bad, and I am a bit embarrased. I was married for 10 years- he cheated a lot, and left the kids and I. Dated someone for 4 years before marrying them, then 4 months into the marriage they "weren't in love anymore" and left the kids and I. Was dating someone for about 6 months and found out I was pregnant. We were in love, and it seemed...