Crohn's Disease & Ulcerative Colitis Support Group

Crohn's disease is a systemic inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) of unknown cause, that results in chronic inflammation of the intestinal tract. It can affect the entire gastrointestinal tract from mouth to anus, and can also cause complications outside of the gastrointestinal tract. There is no known medical or surgical cure for Crohn's disease, but there are many medical treatments available.

0 Online
0 Online

Papaya Enzyme and Aloe Vera juice???

I have a friend that is very much into holistic/natural remedies. She takes and has recommend to me to take papaya enzyme and Aloe Vera juice after each big meal of the day. I dion't eat a whole lot any more but am trying to get one meal with protien and fiber in and thought I would try it.
Has anyone used this before and if so, have you seen a difference?

Replies

deleted_user
deleted_user

I don't know about the papaya enzyme, but I have tried aloe vera juice twice and it seems to make me worse.....Not sure if it's that or something else though.
deleted_user
deleted_user

Thanks; Kpatience ~ I did quite a bit of research within the last few days. Both aloe vera juice and papaya enzyme are known to aid in digestion and help with IBS/Crohns also to help with irregularity.

I've been on them both for about 5 days now and have seen an amazing difference. much less bloating and easier bm's. It so far has been better than any prescription med I have taken.

As with anything, the effect is different on each person. but in doing my research I was suprised that more people do not use either one of these supplements.

It seems that in the holistic/alternative health community it is well known. But to the rest of us it's a nutritional secret.
redsilverfox
redsilverfox

As long as you don't have allergies to certain plants didn't agree with me, the aloe at least.
deleted_user
deleted_user

My SIL uses both of these supplements for here diverticulosous (sp?). I on the other hand have not tried them for my crohns. Maybe I should now that I have read this and talked to my SIL and saw for myself how much better she felt ! Hmmmm....
deleted_user
deleted_user

aloe vera juice had amazing effects with me to. i take the gel now which seems to be even more potent.. the stuff is great and i urge any one with crohn's to give it a try!
deleted_user
deleted_user

How long is Aloe Vera juice good for? we bougt some in May/June and I am not sure if it is still goood.
deleted_user
deleted_user

I know it needs to be refrigerated first off. Most bottles have an expiration date on them somewhere as it is perishable.
I had a bottle for a whole and just started taking it again, I checked the date and it was like January of next year.
hope that helps.
deleted_user
deleted_user

Did you mean a whole year? Opened a whole year?
deleted_user
deleted_user

No, I meant to say the whole summer~sorry!