COPD & Emphysema Support Group

COPD is a progressive disease characterized by airflow obstruction or limitation. Emphysema is characterized by loss of elasticity of the lung tissue, destruction of structures supporting the alveoli and of capillaries feeding the alveoli. Both have symptoms that include shortness of breath, among other respiratory troubles. If you are a COPD or Emphysema sufferer, join the group and find support.

0 Online
0 Online

Steam and COPD

Hello all, I have copd and was wondering if anyone could tell me if I should avoid steam room and or bath, I was diagnosed a year ago and am on a daily inhaler(Spiriva) and Asmanex as needed. I seldom use the Asmanex. Thanks for any input.

Replies

Sue825
Sue825

There's no reason to avoid steam if you can tolerate it. I for one, have a very hard time taking showers if the water is too hot. And I don't even try to use hot tubs because of the heat and chlorine. It's important to listen to your body. If it doesn't bother you, then enjoy!
deleted_user
deleted_user

I aam not sure about steam. I take very hot showers and baths. I do wish you would the asmanex ass prescribed. I have been using it for about 3 months, and I feel better. I have also used Spiriva and some other treatments. These are not the same as the inhalers like albuterol. My Rx is a once a day treaatment, and the albuterol is for emergencies.
Good health!