Colon Cancer Support Group

Colorectal cancer, also called colon cancer or bowel cancer, includes cancerous growths in the colon, rectum and appendix. Many colorectal cancers are thought to arise from mushroom-like growths that are usually benign, but some may develop into cancer over time. The majority of the time, the diagnosis of localized colon cancer is through colonoscopy.

0 Online

Looking for any real experience info to help pls

Went in for indigestion and ended up with a diagnosis of aneo metastatic colon cancer, stage IV.  

Have to say lot of info seems to be grim I been getting so looking for myself for real info on what to expect, progression, timeline, treatment stories and thought or anything really.

Currently it was diagnosed in the liver is where they see it, 2.5cm sizes, not sure where that stands on size or what as all this happened so fast.  What's scary is they said 2 years and I feel ok now, is it that fast spreading and downgrades or are they giving me the worst case maybe?

Thanks, CoreyB.

Replies

Leeann33
Leeann33

Hi Corey, sorry you have to deal with this but with treatment you can get better, sounds like you will have to take chemo, I had stage 3 colon c.. gosh I hate that word, had surgery then 6 months of chemo, hang in there and never give up hope.. you can do this one day at a time.
yorman1
yorman1

Corey, its certainly like getting kicked in the family jewels when getting the news. After you catch your breath again you soon realize that YOU have to get serious about taking control of the situation. We are all unique as humans. What works for one may not work for another. Most importantly get started with treatment ASAP and have a positive attitude. They have come a long way in the last few years and you can feel confident that with Faith and Trust you will have a favorable outcome. God bless..Ron
sharon64
sharon64

Hello Corey, Ron is completely right. Sending hugs and prayers to you!
Posts You May Be Interested In:
  • Leo

Spoiled dogs, so cute!

https://www.boredpanda.com/spoiled-dogs-that-live-better-than-you/I loved the dog that got a birthday cake:-)
  • StarBrightGal

Today...

I have shopping to do and I'm cleaning for my father in-law's visit tomorrow. Yep. That's my plan for today. Good luck fellow cleaners!