Colon Cancer Support Group

Colorectal cancer, also called colon cancer or bowel cancer, includes cancerous growths in the colon, rectum and appendix. Many colorectal cancers are thought to arise from mushroom-like growths that are usually benign, but some may develop into cancer over time. The majority of the time, the diagnosis of localized colon cancer is through colonoscopy.

0 Online

Little Advice

I just went through my first round of Chemo for Stage 3, I am having a hard time with the side effects, wondering if anyone had tips on how to handle nausea and jus tthe over all crummy feeling?

Replies

Leeann33
Leeann33

Chemo side effects are tough on us, for me I would take zofran and sometimes ginger root capsules that would help somewhat.. I couldn't drink anything cold only room temp so I tried to drink lots of water.. I was able to eat watermelon,, also room temp ensure, not to good but it helped me not be so weak. Hope you find something that works for you.. I know its hard but stay strong. Big gentle hugs and praying your tummy feels better. I had stage 3 also.
sharon64
sharon64

Hi, I have rectal cancer, the dr. gave me some nausea meds, I slept a lot. I think that drinking as much as you can helps to eliminate the chemo side effects. I couldn't drink anything cold as well, and I couldn't stomach the water so I drank a lot of lemonade and grape kool aid at room temp. I hope this helps. stay strong you can get through this. now that my treatment is done I am almost feeling like myself, my last treatment was March 1st. Sending hugs and prayers!
sharon64
sharon64

Hoping your getting through your chemo❤
Posts You May Be Interested In:
  • Leo

Spoiled dogs, so cute!

https://www.boredpanda.com/spoiled-dogs-that-live-better-than-you/I loved the dog that got a birthday cake:-)
  • StarBrightGal

Today...

I have shopping to do and I'm cleaning for my father in-law's visit tomorrow. Yep. That's my plan for today. Good luck fellow cleaners!