Cirrhosis Support Group

Cirrhosis is a consequence of chronic liver disease, most commonly caused by alcoholism and hepatitis C. Ascites is the most common complication of cirrhosis and is associated with a poor quality of life, increased risk of infections, and a poor long term outcome. Liver damage from cirrhosis cannot be reversed, but treatment can stop or delay further progression and reduce complications.

0 Online

Headache

Got a massive headache, how do you people handle it without aspirin or tylenol?

Replies

deleted_user
deleted_user

My transplant DR said two tylenol were ok seeing that my liver was pretty much toast anyway. I rarely take any though as they never worked before. Try heat or cold compress and maybe some soft easy meditation type sounds like the ocean or birds. Works for me when my pain is a 7-9. http://free-loops.com/download-free-loop-4599.html
deleted_user
deleted_user

Thanks, went for the cold packs.
deleted_user
deleted_user

you can probably take up to 1000mg of tylenol/acetametiphine per day without problems ask your Doc. If you're like me it won't do a damn bit of good for any pain and never has. You are basically going to have to go without minor pain relief and use prescription pain killers sparingly when things are severe. By the way have you done anything like cut out caffine sudenly that causes massive headaches for a few days.
deleted_user
deleted_user

Thanks Reed. The one thing I haven't cut off yet is caffeine, I'm drinking less coffee and more tea... I wonder if its alright to have a coke, the doc. only said to cut fat, salt and booze, so caffeine remains in the diet for now ;)
deleted_user
deleted_user

darren that little kitty of yours sure must be tired by nowlol how are you for the headaches a nice dark room cuddling up to one of the pups does the trick for me.
deleted_user
deleted_user

Hi there.
Never aspirin (could causes hemorraghies). Paracetamol is best.
Te has caffeine as well as coffee.
Could be a hypoglucemia...take a banana :)
And relax you
deleted_user
deleted_user

Thanks!
deleted_user
deleted_user

bumping up
deleted_user
deleted_user

This will sound strange...I know. I use to work for a Neurologist that specialized in treating migraines. He would tell patients to give this a try and often, it works and is much safer than many other options.

Get a very cold Dr. Pepper or Coke. Use a drink with caffeine, that is part of the cure. If you are diabetic, you could use sugar free.

Anyway, drink it fairly quick but avoid the cold blast thing that we call what? Brain freeze, I think? This works quite well for a lot of people and it certainly can't hurt.

HOpe you get some relief.