Chronic Pain Support Group

Physicians and professionalsdefine pain as chronic if it lasts longer than three to six months and is persistent. It's distinct from acute pain that is a direct result of injury or trauma. This support group is dedicated to those suffering from chronic pain. Discuss treatments that have worked for you, find advice for your specific experience, and find support. You're not alone in your pain.

2 Online

podiatrist appointment today, stepped on something

and it broke skin and thing is I think it is still in the sole of my foot....I want the podiatrist to take it out if they can dig it out of my foot....ugg I know this is going to hurt,...hopefully he uses some lidocaine on it and numbs my foot before digging in that hole...minor surgery whatever....I just feel there is something sharp inside the sole of my foot....plus may talk to him about ankle which is shooting some pains as if arthritis is in there....

Replies

billwfriend
billwfriend

Im there now. Nurse got me up in fancy lift chair think 3 or 4 ft off ground waiting on doctor. She took picture of sore area break in skin w cell camera for records
billwfriend
billwfriend

Dr ran me up even higher it is neat chair! I know Im four ft off ground.
billwfriend
billwfriend

Xray after dr scraped area found puss pocket. Nice dr and nurses
tigertwo
tigertwo

Glad to hear you are being taken care of. Do you have to pay for the appiointmrnt or does insurance cover it?
billwfriend
billwfriend

Insurance covers 80% and they did not find anything inside the wound...so I am good with neosporin and bandaids.....
Jonsparky
Jonsparky

Best to keep the feet clear, it is dangerous with diabetics to have foot wounds do to the lack of blood flow.
Hope you are healing up well, Bill.
billwfriend
billwfriend

thanks Jon....I am keeping them clean....hugs bill
Posts You May Be Interested In:
  • lorrieonline

Attempting Yard Work this Morning

When I checked the weather, it was 91% humidity and 77% dewpoint, already 80 degrees.  I've got some things to do outside and am a bit sheepish about going all the way around the back of the house to pull up baby cabbage palms.  These weeds/scrub palms keep popping up all over the place and the only way to be rid of them is to pull them up out of the ground.  I'm hoping to come back in and...
  • cedarbrooke

Have a Great Weekend - Any Plans?

Plans for the Weekend???