Chronic Pain Support Group

Physicians and professionalsdefine pain as chronic if it lasts longer than three to six months and is persistent. It's distinct from acute pain that is a direct result of injury or trauma. This support group is dedicated to those suffering from chronic pain. Discuss treatments that have worked for you, find advice for your specific experience, and find support. You're not alone in your pain.

1 Online
1 Online

Legit Work from home job

I received a call from NTI over a month ago. They said they got my name from SSDI and wanted me to apply for work. This is a government program called Ticket to Work. I applied online then I recieved an email to call for assessment which I just did. The jobs are customer service telecommunication positions 20 to 40 hours a week.

My concern is my last job which I truly loved was sales rep for HSN from home. I became disabled because I can't sit or stand for 15 minutes without a break. At my hearing for SSDI the vocational rehabilitation guy said there was no position anywhere in the world that I could perform. So why did they call me? I'd love to be able to work 20hrs a week but I don't know if I can handle it. I want to try but I don't want to jepordize my SSDI it took 2 years to get it. I lost everything waiting for it.

Any advice is needed. If your in Tennessee and want info about this call NTI at 1-877-248-8912.

Healing hugs to all

Replies

emf6874
emf6874

Do you have to be in Tennessee to work for them?
deleted_user
deleted_user

Can't say for sure but I thought that once you were approved you are "safe". And that you can work up to a certain amount before they reduce your check.

I know my LTD insurance has a program similar to what you are describing. They provide some training and will let you try working without jeopardizing your benefits. I was hoping to do this after my SSD hearing in January.
tendonshurt
tendonshurt

I think anyone that's disabled can do this. Check it out on www.ssa.gov then type in search engine ticket to work.
livewithope
livewithope

Lucky lady!!!!!!!!! I interviewed with them and they didn't choose me. They are legit! BVR (govt. agency) got me the interview. Go for it!!!
Anne
tendonshurt
tendonshurt

I was hoping I could do the job. But they said I'm to disabled to perform the jobs they have. I can only sit or stand for 15 mins then I have to switch up and take a break. Non of the employers they work with are willing to work with me at this time. Well I guess that's that. Maybe I can get motivated to start selling on Ebay again. If anybody needs designer jeans let me know.

Hugs
deleted_user
deleted_user

If you take the job and can work it then I am afraid you will hurt your SSDI and may get it taken away if you can work and then if the job is less pay then what you get then you are out of luck and what if then after a month or so you find out you can't do it and then what have to re apply after. So can you say no that you will not be able to do it or will you get in trouble for saying no?