Chronic Pain Support Group

Physicians and professionalsdefine pain as chronic if it lasts longer than three to six months and is persistent. It's distinct from acute pain that is a direct result of injury or trauma. This support group is dedicated to those suffering from chronic pain. Discuss treatments that have worked for you, find advice for your specific experience, and find support. You're not alone in your pain.

1 Online

Inescapable Pain

I dont think its that I keep getting the same answers: "oh, thats normal", "other people have that too", go sit in a waiting room for 6 hours, waiting waiting waiting.. for i dont know what, anymore. I think its that for the last 2 weeks, I have been in constant pain, off and on.

I am just fustrated dealing with this chronic pain... I think its taken its toil on me emotionally, as ive been suffering for almost 15 days without any end. I am feeling out of control and helpless. My mother hates it when i take pain killers... >=( but, i just cant take this pain anymore! went out by myself and bought some tylenol anyways. hopefully itll help, or atleast give me comfort knowing i have something to numb the pain until i can actually see my doctor. Yet, just when ive been having it bad his on vacation.  Such bad timing. And its all this waiting thats giving me anxiety, the anxiousness of when I have a trigger, the pain will drown me in sadness. And I cant move, I cant think when im in such pain.

Anyways... I suppose I am just looking for support :/ has anyone else felt the emotional impact of how wrecking it can be having chronic pain? does it feel, sometimes, as if there seems to be no end. Its been 15 days and there hasnt been any change, physically, for me. And the hardest part is that i have an invisble disease: endometriosis, which is hard to explain. But its kinda like progressive cancer, but it doesnt kill you but the pain is similar to having labor pains (or so I heard). And my chronic pain has been my lower back mostly, which means its hard to move around sometimes. I wish I were more mentally strong to conquer this pain, but i cant help feel angry and sad. I feel torn, I feel as if my body had betrayed me...

Replies

ItsJustMe2012
ItsJustMe2012

Be careful with the Tylenol (Acetaminophen) . Too much can kill you or cause irreversible organ damage. Do Not Drink Alcohol when you take Tylenol You should not take more than 2 Regular Strength (325 mg each) in a 4 hour period. Or more than 2 Extra Strength Tylenol (500 mg each) in a 6 hour period. Never take more than 4,000 mg in a 24 hour period. If you take any other medications, prescription or over the counter. Be sure and check to see if it contains Tylenol.
Posts You May Be Interested In:
  • Leo

EQUIFAX hack information

Hey, thi s was brought up on check-in.Last week's article by Reuters, followed by NYTimes on updated.Do NOT expect people to answer. Equifax is swamped by lawsuits, calls, and problems (namely, they're one of three "trusted" credit data companies and now they're losing clients and so forth).I'm fine b/c I froze my credit after the Target hack a couple years ago. Just make sure you have updated...
  • bobinmaine

Wild pain relief

I am curious if anyone here has ever used wild lettuce extract.  It has been compared to morphine but is not addictive. Just wondering if anyone has ever tried it and had success with it before I go shop for some on ebay.Thanks