Chronic Pain Support Group

Physicians and professionalsdefine pain as chronic if it lasts longer than three to six months and is persistent. It's distinct from acute pain that is a direct result of injury or trauma. This support group is dedicated to those suffering from chronic pain. Discuss treatments that have worked for you, find advice for your specific experience, and find support. You're not alone in your pain.

1 Online

DDD & Bone Spur

PLEASE HELP! Has anyone had DDD with serious pain and severe symptoms or have had surgery on c5 c6? 

Im meeting with the neurosurgeon tomorrow... I'm only 25. I'm so scared!!! 

Replies

OlderCPer
OlderCPer

What are you scared of? DDD is a pretty common issue that gets worse with age, you seem to be more susceptible to it. Are you going to discuss surgical treatments or pain treatments or what?
remainpositive
remainpositive

they recommend surgery... but i do not want surgery but i also don't want pain medications. I also don't have insurance. i'm only 25 and I feel like i'm 80. I just feel like my world is closing in on me with everything going on.
Posts You May Be Interested In:
  • Evie123

Not sure why...

I don't know why but I've been having urges to burn myself. I take something metal and hold it over a fire then hold it onto my skin. It doesn't make any sense. Also I want to pull at my nails until they bleed, and pull my hair or scratch my scalp with something sharp. I don't really know if that counts, or why I started doing it. Any thoughts/advice?
  • Justitia

Healing Scars *TW*

Hello! I recently cut a phrase into myself that I don't really want to last forever. I have been putting neosporin on it, and I bought mederma. I was wondering how soon I could use the mederma, and also wondering if you guys have had any success with it. Or, is there anything else you guys have used? Thanks! :)