Chronic Pain Support Group

Physicians and professionalsdefine pain as chronic if it lasts longer than three to six months and is persistent. It's distinct from acute pain that is a direct result of injury or trauma. This support group is dedicated to those suffering from chronic pain. Discuss treatments that have worked for you, find advice for your specific experience, and find support. You're not alone in your pain.

0 Online

Chronic Lyme Disease

anyone out there suffer w/ chronic Lyme disease. Constant pain, fatigue, debilitating and invisable. I need people to talk to that understand my life, from the inside out. Not talking about a tick bite and 3 weeks of doxycycline. Referring to 2 percent of the spectrum that end up with chronic, degenerative pain and all that encompasses, physical and cognative

Replies

Jonsparky
Jonsparky

Sorry to hear that you have this! My brother just found out he has chronic Lyme's disease, I haven't talked to him about it yet. With Fibromyalgia and psoriatic arthritis, I can relate, invisible diseases are difficult for yourself and others to understand what is going on.
Hope you get some help with treating it!
Lymy
Lymy

How do you get friends to understand. It's always I hope you feel better- I never feel good - only bad and worse
Jonsparky
Jonsparky

I know what you are saying, the concept of chronic pain is so foreign, unless you have had it in your own life. Friends and family tend to get tired of listening to us, so then we stop mentioning it, and just say we are surviving.
drangonflylady
drangonflylady

I have chronic Lyme's. It is very hard. I spent 2 and a half months in the hospital when I first got it.
One thing that has helped me explain my many medical illnesses is "The Spoon Theory" check it out on Google. It has helped me to explain things to people.
Posts You May Be Interested In:
  • Leo

TGIFriday check-in! I'm back

And DS ate it.
  • Fantod

Thursday Check In

I had something prepared for check in but I am unable to log in on this @_@#! site on my desktop computer.  I have tried numerous times.  I can't log in or post something new.  I am typing this on my Kindle. I will try again later this morning...