Celiac Disease Support Group

Celiac disease is an auto-immune disorder of the digestive system that occurs in genetically-predisposed individuals. It is characterised by damage or flattening to all or part of the villi lining the small intestine, which interferes with the absorption of nutrients. This damage is caused by eating anything with gluten (gliadin), a protein found in wheat, rye, and barley (as hordein).

0 Online
0 Online

Online Gluten Conference

Some of the best doctors in the country are having a Gluten Summit online. Dr. Peter Osborne is just one of the doctors Who is giving a talk. It will be held from November 11th to the 17th. You just have to register at:

Theglutensummit.com

They are just asking for an email address and your name. Check out the site for more information. 29 doctors from all over the country are participating. I think education is really important for those who suffer from this problem. Hope you find this helpful.

Lynn

Replies

deleted_user
deleted_user

just passing info, i saw on the local celiac blog i subscribe too - someone had wrote about this confrence - - please note i dont know either way - who is right, wrong..etc... but thought it was worth sharing --it was stated:
(again not my words or opnion)
:
I have researched this guy a chiropractor not an MD - and it appears to me that his primary motivation is to sell unproven and undocumented tests. Buyer beware.
22Lynn
22Lynn

Are you talking about dr. Tom O'Bryan or Dr. Peter Osbourne? There are doctors and nutritionist who are scheduled to give talks. I'm curious what you have heard.
chemnut
chemnut

Here is a link to Dr. Tom O'Bryan's credentials on celiac.com's website:

http://www.celiac.com/authors/40/Dr.-Tom-O%26%23039%3BBryan

He is a chiropractor, but has also done some additional study.