Bipolar Disorder Support Group

Bipolar disorder is not just a single disorder, but a category of mood disorders marked by periods of abnormally high energy and euphoria, often accompanied by bouts of clinical depression. This is the place to talk about your experience with bipolar disorder, learn from others' experiences, and find support.

3 Online

Entitlements in the UK

Well I have Bipolar, and I am currently in university, would like to know what help and support is available to me in the community, in the UK, and to also make some British Bipolar friends, although sufferers worldwide are also welcome.

Replies

deleted_user
deleted_user

All advice and suggestion welcome. If you need me to expand a little more then feel free to ask.
ReginaPhalange
ReginaPhalange

Hi there, depending on where in the UK you live the help you receive varies. You can apply for disability benefits - get a form and ask your local welfare rights to help you fill it in xx
Posts You May Be Interested In:
  • nana012

I have cancer

I had to have a lung biopsy, and I have cancer. A very rare form that doesn't have any standard treatment. There just isn't a lot of case history for this. It is epithelioid hemangio endothelioma. The cancer support group doesn't talk every day. I can understand why. I'm waiting for the oncologist to call back for an appointment, and will hear in the next few days. Who knew. Ha!
  • Urlacher

Support from family

It's so hard dealing with pain especially when you don't get any support from the person who your supposed to be closest to. So hard when your trying to deal with pain and that person treats you worse than the pain. Having hard time understanding why. unless you are having a good Day you are treated like crap and they make you feel worthless.