I've heard these stories before and have always thought they werea bit far fetched to be of any concern before. After what just happened I thought I'd share my new experience with everyone. You've probably heard the stories of someone heating a cup of water up in the microwave, getting it out and having it explode in their faces as soon as they touch something to the water. Well, I've understood the concept of this that the microwave supposedly superheated the water above the boiling point and as soon as it was disturbed...boom. I just didn't believe it, until now. I got up with a tickle in my throat and decided to make some tea so I put some water in the microwave in a cup for 2 min same as I always do. I get the cup out and as I touch the tea bag to the water it didn't just explode, but it did go from being stil to a very raging boil. So that tells me that the stories are more than just possible in theory they seem to be likely in application. So just be cautious when getting liquids out of the microwave.
Posts You May Be Interested In