Back Pain Support Group

Back pain is one of the most common reasons people seek medical care. In fact, about 3 in 4 adults will experience back pain during their lifetime! The term back pain includes pain affecting the neck, midback and low back. Acute back pain may begin suddenly with intense pain but typically lasts fewer than three months. Usually, chronic back pain is persistent, steady, and ongoing.

0 Online
0 Online

What is the strongest OTC pain killer?

Does anyone know what the strongest OTC pain killer is? I am trying to cut down on my percocet and I am having break-through pain in between doses. I have been using my TENS unit a lot more than I usually do. I do not want to go any stronger with my pain meds. My spine doctor offered something stronger, but I refused. I have two bulging discs and sciatica, just FYI. I am supposed to get my epidural on the 22nd. I need something to carry me through until then for break-through pain. Thank you very much.
Love....Leslie

Replies

Bettme13
Bettme13

Good luck to you. I have not found any OTC medication that has helped with my pain at all. I hope you have better luck.
deleted_user
deleted_user

Leslie, tramadol is available on line w/o a prescription. I haven't ordered it myself. Google tramadol or ultram.

Good luck.

P
deleted_user
deleted_user

How about trying prescription strengh motrin, 800 mg of Ibuprofin...
deleted_user
deleted_user

excedrin and alleve, seem to work the best for me
deleted_user
deleted_user

I forgot to mention Flector patches. They're really helpful
They aren't otc, but they are a transdermal nsaid (sp?) that work for me even though motrin & aleve do not.

P.
deleted_user
deleted_user

Thanks for the advice...I really appreciate it!!!
Love & Peace......Leslie
deleted_user
deleted_user

I have the same bulging discs tried allsorts of meds, now on Versatis 5% Lidnocaine Plasters. They are on for 12 hours then off for 12. They have made quite a difference. Along with meds they are good
deleted_user
deleted_user

The best otc pain reliever I have used and still do use is Excedrin. i also at times use generic aspirin. Before I was able to use pain meds I also used those 1.00 patches you can get at wal mart. They are hot but I put one on my neck/shoulder area and it provided relief for around 3 or 4 hours
crazypurple1
crazypurple1

Be careful that painkiller is strong addict i am recover from that now i am sober since last Oct 2009.
deleted_user
deleted_user

Have you ever tried Extra Strength Midol? It isn't a cure all, but several men I know use it when they have severe back pain.

If you find something else that works, please share.