Arnold-Chiari Malformation Support Group

Arnold-Chiari malformation, sometimes referred to as 'Chiari malformation' or ACM, is a congenital anomaly of the brain. Arnold-Chiari Malformation II occurs in almost all children born with both spina bifida and hydrocephalus, but ACM I is typically seen in children and adults without spina bifida.

0 Online

Occipital Neuralgia caused by surgery

I am 2 weeks post op and since surgery have zapping, burning pain in the pack right side of my head. NS diagnosed me with occipital neuralgia due to C2 nerve damage from surgery. UGH! it's worse than my chiari symptoms! Anyone else develop this post-op. Am praying nerve is just angry and inflamed from surgery and this is not long-term. Started Lyrica last night. Hello weight gain! Very upset about this. If not for this, I would have said surgery was a breeze!

I had it after my surgery. It started about three weeks after surgery and lasted off and on for about four months. I used to pull my hair just to get some relief from it....sounds strange, but at first it felt like I had a tight cap on, and then it would just zap and go through my head...always on the right side or in the back. It was very unpleasant. They offered Lyrica, but I didn't take it.