Alcoholism Support Group

Alcoholism is the continued consumption of alcoholic beverages, even when it is negatively affecting your health, work, relationships and life. If you think alcohol is causing you to lose control, it's time to seek help. Our group is a safe place to vent, check in, get back up if you fall, and reach sobriety.

2 Online
2 Online

Why are we here?

Ever think about that?

Replies

deleted_user
deleted_user

Yes all the time xxx
deleted_user
deleted_user

Here on DS or here in existence? Actually, I don't think about either. I just make the most out of each day.

How you doing?
deleted_user
deleted_user

LOL whos2say....I am not in the mood for existential stuff either :P

sheez Ramblin, how the heck are ya?
PJ54
PJ54

God knows Chris.
deleted_user
deleted_user

To polish that pearl!!!
deleted_user
deleted_user

To do God's will, which for me is helping others. I have a long way to go, but I think I'm getting there.
okiyoe1
okiyoe1

I always heard "We are here because we are not all there "...good answer Right ? Ha!
Billy
deleted_user
deleted_user

I have thought about it before. I agree with uplift. I believe that we are all here to help each other. It makes me feel great and wonderful inside. So, if something makes you feel truly good inside, that that is definitely what you should be doing. Hope you are okay!
deleted_user
deleted_user

Where is "here" Chris? DS, real life...

Be more specific please.

LM
LindaJean
LindaJean

Chris mankind has been asking that same question since the beginning of time. To my knowledge, no one has been able to come up with a specific reason for all of mankind.

Individually why are we here? That's up to you.
LindaJean
LindaJean

KK - about those facial ticks - are you all right? :)
Taradactyl
Taradactyl

It is a mystery and will likely remain that way. I don't think about it as much as I used to when I thought I HAD to figure it out.

I do often question myself as to whether or not I am making of it what I should make of it.

I think we are here for the process, whatever that process is that we go through. I think my process is to learn to live through my fear, to have faith, to love and be compassionate, and to be kind and helpful. I like to think my grander purpose is to be an inspiration, but then my ego begins to interfere. Ultimately, I hope when I die I believe I have just lived and that is enough.
donttread
donttread

I could of answered this at this time yesterday but then last night I watched "Through the wormhole " with Morgan Freeman and found out that there are several , supposedly credable, physicist who think time doesn't exist and is an illusuion and that all there is is three dimensional space. No time.
Now, I'm not only unsure about why I'm here , but unsure about when I'm here!