Alcoholism Support Group

Alcoholism is the continued consumption of alcoholic beverages, even when it is negatively affecting your health, work, relationships and life. If you think alcohol is causing you to lose control, it's time to seek help. Our group is a safe place to vent, check in, get back up if you fall, and reach sobriety.

3 Online
3 Online

loss of appetite

I was wondering if a severe loss of appetite has anything to do with alcohol related problems. Lately I find it hard to eat so I try to take all my vitamins and they are so hard on my stomach that I immediately throw them up. I am so frustrated because I know I need to eat but nothing sounds good to me. Most of the time I have to force feed myself. Does anybody know what this might be a sign of?

Replies

4mytasha
4mytasha

Don't know about the loss of appetite associated with drinking but drinking brings on depression which wreaks havok on appetites!
Are you depressed?
Anxious?
Stressed?
Those are all "great"(?) appetite suppressors.
deleted_user
deleted_user

Yes, I am extremely stressed and depressed that I am having so much trouble quitting drinking. I say I'm done everyday but then I drink. I am also scared to death about what it is doing to my body when I have no food really to absorb the alcohol. I am really starting to lose control and am terrified. Help!!
deleted_user
deleted_user

if you are still drinking your appetite is supressed as your body is being fuelled..But not in a good way..
krm
krm

I have also had a loss of appetite. The best way I have found is to have a small snack, and do it often, make the snac a little bigger next time and so on. It's sort of like you have ti get use to eating again. Let me know how you make out would you?
deleted_user
deleted_user

Thank you all, I will keep you updated on hopefully how I get through this. It really sucks.