HELP / FAQ
Help / FAQ
Adult Children of Alcoholics Community Group
A Support Group for Adult Children of Alcoholics
Addiction & Recovery
/ Adult Children of Alcoholics Support Group
Unmanageable: pg 30, questions 1, 2, 3 & 4
1. What is my definition of being unmanageable or having an unmanageable life?
2. Do I think I can still control people, places, and things by acting right, perfect, or otherwise?
3. Do I think I have power over other people and can control their actions and thoughts?
4. Am I letting the thoughts, feelings and actions of others have power over me? (List an example if applicable).
Leave A Reply
1. Being anxious all the time. Always viewing life as the glass have empty, feeling like something isn't right but I don't quite know what it is.
2. No, I've definitely come to realize that I can't control people by the way I act.
3. No, I've never felt powerful in that area, over people. More the people pleaser.
4. Yes... just this week, I have four sisters and one is having her usual Memorial Day picnic, I"m "expected" to go, even though she's always been abusive to me over the years. Of course I ate over it because I said I had other plans, but... I felt guilty. Because that's the way it's always been... who am I to try to change now? So, yeah, my mother's health is going downhill, and another sister did the guilt trip, "could be mom's last picnic" okay, so now I'm the rotten mean sister who doesn't want to play the dysfunction game anymore... a lot of emotions though. It's so hard to take that other fork in the road after all these years. I hold onto those promises!
1. When i dont take care of my needs that's unmanageable.. When i dont live my life in present it becomes unmanageable( challenge but trying to work it out).
2. I came to believe that i have no control over anything except self.
3. No i have no power or control over others.
4. This is big ... Trying to avoid the influence and believe in my higher power .. Work in progress.
I take it all ...but then i decide if anything fits with my thought or if i am willing to learn or i am okay feeling .
Join the Conversation