Adult Bedwetting Community Group

A place for adults who still have problems wetting the bed to talk about their feelings, to discover solutions, and to talk about life in general.

1 Online

Diaper leaking: Better brands?

I wear depends maximum protection at night and medium depends during the day. I usually do not have problems with leaks during the day because I know when my diaper has become too full. Trouble is, I have become an extremely heavy wetter at night with urination about 3-4 times. Are there any thicker, more absorbant diapers? What do you wear? I like the thick padding that the depends provide, but they still have started to leak. What other ones might be a good idea to try??

Replies

deleted_user
deleted_user

I usually double them up. I cut slits in the first one and then make sure they are snug. Usually no leaks...but sometimes I'll wear a plastic pant over the top.
Dippityduf
Dippityduf

I place a Poise pad, super absorbent, in my disposable, and it works pretty good.
Dribbler
Dribbler

As an alternative to the poise pad I use (as a doubler) the kind of inco pads sold to use inside net pants and under plastic pants - these do nto have a waterproof backing and are both cheap and very absorbant. These can make a diaper last a lot longer without leaking and in the day can be disposed of easily - making them a good way of coping with long trips becasue they can be removed and leve the main diaper fit for a lot longer.

Having said that I find that a high capacity diaper copes well at night - sometimes containing nearly 2,000ml without leaking. I use maximun absorbancy Tena slips most of the time.
nicolas2
nicolas2

This is a regular problem at night. I use Tena Slip Maxi, usually OK on its own. But I have back-up available for times when [for no apparent reason] I wet more heavily. I can put a cloth diaper inside the Tena; and/or another one over the Tena and held by boxer-briefs. I always wear a thin plastic pant directly over the Tena. And top the lot with rubber pants.
deleted_user
deleted_user

I wear all-in-one diaper pants from Minappy nightnday. They have a sewn in diaper and I add 1 or 2 booster pads to improve absorption depending the situation. I like them very much as they are very soft and leak barely. Whit the additional booster pads they become a bit bulky and thick between the legs but under my pyjama it doesn't really matter. I have uploaded some photos in case you want to have a look.
You should give them a try.
All the best
Alex
deleted_user
deleted_user

I used to have the same problem. I have gone back to the old fashioned cloth diaper. I use a thick cloth diaper with a booster inside and of course waterproof (plastic) pants. It feels kinda wierd to start with but once in a routine its great. I still get a little leak sometimes but no where near as much as I did with disposables. Lets me now get a good solid nights sleep.
deleted_user
deleted_user

I have been using the Molicare Super Plus for several years not and love them. It is very rare for me to wet heavy enough to leak.
deleted_user
deleted_user

I'm using the Molicare Comfort Super. They're good on absorbtion, however the back plastic section has come loose on a few, and the fluff comes out a little if it's dry, or gel if it's wet. I won't be getting another case of these.
Posts You May Be Interested In:
  • Arkade

Great to know I'm not alone.

Hey, I'm 14 and have been wetting the bed continuously since I was born. I found this group while trying to find a way to hide that I'm a bed wetter for an upcoming school camp (at highschool) and it's nice to know that I'm not alone, that there are others who wet the bed like me. My parents have tried so many things to get me to stop wetting, they've gotten me to see a psychologist, to not drink...
  • greengold4

College with Incontinence

I am about to return to college. I have been losing more and more control over my bladder. I've been having occasional leaks in the daytime and wetting heavily at night. I was wondering if anybody else dealt with incontinence in college or has any tips or advice with how to manage my condition?