Adult Bedwetting Community Group

A place for adults who still have problems wetting the bed to talk about their feelings, to discover solutions, and to talk about life in general.

1 Online

Cloth Diapers

Due to changes to our local waste collection service I am changing to cloth at home - for better or worse! - and keeping disposables for travel and sleepovers. Trying a variety of gauze, terry, and cloth baby diapers [tax free!]; and adult coconut-fibre inserts. Any advice on changing from dispo to cloth ? welcome!

Replies

mommynuk
mommynuk

I believe with baby cloth and flannel diapers you have done s good choice.
Maybe consider bamboo diapers?
nicolas2
nicolas2

By coconut I meant bamboo [crazy!] - and have 2 adult insert s from Amazon/China on trial now.
large adult diapers with pins leave you like a Sumo wrestler round the waist and are very pricey too.
Thanks for speedy reply!
nicolas2
nicolas2

Currently succeeding with Mom's original system: double-diapering.
Two terry towelling diapers with high-waist rubber pants is working.
TaylorBW
TaylorBW

Glad to hear your mom's system is working. I always found that mom's know best and have the best solutions when it comes to subjects like diapering. You can never go wrong double-diapering with cloth and plastic pants!
Edwin
Edwin

Have to agree with TaylorBW. Cloth at night may not be as popular anymore, but it is definitely a tried and true system.
mommynuk
mommynuk

I'm using cloth for night and day for my daughters and they do well.
CGDave
CGDave

I alternate between disposable and cloth. First I scoured ebay and amozon looking for a cotton pullup and found this company called Baby pants. They make a heavy garment like the old gerber training pants in two thickness ranges. I go with the thicker version. Those with plastic pants work fine for most daytime issues, but I needed something more absorbant for nights. I wanted to get a prefold diaper to augment the cotton pullups, but they're so expensive. So, I took a gamble and tried my hand at sewing. I picked up 4 yards of birdseye cotton and started sewing my first cotton diaper. I find that the pullup, the prefold and plastic pants together, will handle almost anything all night long.
mommynuk
mommynuk

Trying to make your own diaper is a good idea. I also have a friend who tailors the onesies and some special diapers for my girls. Despite their special thickness they fit very well because they are custom made.
Posts You May Be Interested In:
  • NYC718

New to group 37 male

Good evening all. I’m new to this group. I’m a 37 year old male. I was diagnosed back in March of 2017 with OAB. I live a very active lifestyle, overall very healthy, eat healthy and go to the gym. I go through phases of acceptance and than I go through the why me phase. It’s frustrating at times and embarrassing. Depending on how far I think I may be from a bathroom particularly at work...
  • wetr

Cold Weather And Incontinence

Has any of you found that your incontinence is much heavier,during the cold winter season?I know for myself  I have flooded out my diaper more often