ADHD / ADD Support Group

Attention deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) and attention deficit disorder (ADD) are more common than you might think. It is a syndrome that exhibits symptoms such as hyperactivity, forgetfulness, mood shifts, poor impulse control, and distractibility. Join others who suffer from these conditions and share your experiences.

1 Online
1 Online

Wiggle Seats

My son is 7 and his resource teacher suggested we try a wiggle seat. I have found them on amazon for a decent price but they always seem to be out of stock. I plan on getting one for home and one to stay at school. Doing homework makes me want to pull my hair out. He fidgets and moves around so much that he usually ends up falling out of his chair. It is so frustrating. Has anyone used one of these???

Replies

deleted_user
deleted_user

That sounds exactly my son at age 7 when he was in grade 1, that was when he first started having problems. The teacher tried everything including the wiggle seat, the school has their own so I didn't have to supply one. It worked for a short time, but nothing really helped much until he was put on concerta. The change was immediate, his teacher couldn't believe he was the same boy in just a few days. (not that I am telling you to put your son on meds, that was a very hard decision for me to make and it isn't for everyone)
Hope this helps. Doesn't your son's school have one that they could try?