AAA Christian Encouragement and Fellowship Community Group

Anyone can join, you don't have to be "Christian". Belief in God is all you need. We have only 2 rules---1. God is in control 2. When all else fails, refer to rule #1.

0 Online
0 Online

Purpose Driven Life Day 5

A friend posted this in her journal and I thought it was worth reposting here.

WHAT IS YOUR LIFE? James 4:14
The way you see your life shapes your life.
How you define life determines your destiny. Your perspective will influence how you invest your time, spend your money, use your talents, and value your relationships.
HOW DO YOU SEE YOUR LIFE?
A roller coaster? A game? etc...
That image is your life metaphor.
Your unspoken life metaphor influences your life more than you realize.
the Bible says: "DO NOT CONFORM YOURSELVES TO THE STANDARDS OF THIS WORLD, BUT LET GOD TRANSFORM YOU INWARDLY BY A COMPLETE CHANGE OF YOUR MIND. THEN YOU WILL BE ABLE TO KNOW THE WILL OF GOD"
The Bible offers 3 life metaphors that teach us God's view of life:
1 LIFE IS A TEST
2.LIFE IS A TRUST
3. LIFE IS A TEMPORARY ASSIGNMENT
God tests peoples faith, obedience, love, integrity, and loyalty.
Character is BOTH developed and revealed by tests and ALL of life is a test.
You will be tested by major changes, delayed promises, impossible problems, unanswered prayers, undeserved criticism, and even senseless tragedies.
**A VERY IMPORTANT TEST IS HOW YOU ACT WHEN YOU DON'T FEEL GOD'S PRESENCE IN YOUR LIFE.
"GOD WITHDREW FROM HEZEKIAH IN ORDER TO TEST HIM AND TO SEE WHAT WAS REALLY IN HIS HEART."
Everyday is important, every second is a growth oppurtunity to deepen your charcter, to demonstrate love, or to depend on God.
Some tests seem overwhelming while others you don't even notice, but all of them have eternal implications.
"God keeps his promise, and will not allow you to be tested beyond your power to remain firm; at the same time you are put to the test, he will give you the strength to endure it, and so provide you with a way out."
"Blessed are those who endure when they are tested. When they pass the test, they will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love Him."
LIFE ON EARTH IS A TRUST:
GOD IS THE OWNER OF EVERTHING AND EVERYONE ON EARTH!!
"The world and all that is in it belong to the LORD; the earth and all who live on it are His."
"What do you have that God hasn't given you? And if all you have is from God why boast as though you have accomplished something on your own."
"Those who are trusted with something valuable must show they are worthy of that trust"
"Well done, good and faithful servant! You have been faithful with a few things; I will put you in charge of many things. Come and share your Master's happiness."
Because God owns it, I must take the best care of it that I can.
"From everyone who has been given much, much will be demanded; and from the one who has been entrusted with muc, much more will be asked."
POINT TO PONDER: LIFE IS A TEST AND A TRUST!
"Unless you are faithful in small matters, you won't be faithful in large ones." Luke 16:10
What has happened to me recently that I now realize was a test from God?
What are the greatest matters God has entrusted to me?

Replies

deleted_user
deleted_user

Very true when we dont understand why things happen we tend to forget God does have purpose. Very inspiring
deleted_user
deleted_user

Wow, so true!Sometimes when we go through hard times in life we forget that God is in complete control and he works things out for our good.
deleted_user
deleted_user

2Ti 1:9 Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,