Every day, there are thousands of people like you on DailyStrength -- some who are struggling to overcome their life challenges, and others who have completely turned their life around and want to share their story and experience. But how does someone get from struggle to success? At what point do the multitudes of people desperately seeking answers turn around, and become the ones providing support?
Tony Robbins is an internationally known life coach and motivational speaker, advisor to some of the most powerful people in the world. He built a career around a lesson that his mentor, Jim Rohn, taught him early in life. In Tony’s own words: “Happiness and success in life are not the result of what we have, but rather of how we live. What we do with the things we have makes the biggest difference in the quality of life.”
Tony Robbins' latest project, Breakthrough With Tony Robbins
, is a new series on NBC (premiering Tuesday, July 27 at 8pm/7pm central) that profiles six real families who have gone through the most extreme hardships. Yet, by discovering the sheer power of their own inner strength and determination, they have found ways to transform their circumstances.
Imagine a pair of happily married newlyweds, celebrating their union at a pool party with friends. In one moment, life is bliss. In the next, the husband takes a leap into the pool, hits his head, and is paralyzed instantly. Tony takes this tragic story and shows us that even in the face of extreme stress, there are no victims. Only transformations.
View the trailer of the premiere episode.
These stories are inspirations from real life, a way for the people Tony has helped to “pay it forward” by motivating and inspiring others.
But Tony Robbins’ mission reaches further than those six families on the air, further even than the millions of viewers watching his show. His philosophy aims to empower anybody and everybody, regardless of the severity of their situation, to find the trigger that will inspire the change necessary to breakthrough any crisis.
Tony defines a breakthrough as, “a moment in time, an opening when what seemed to be impossible becomes possible. You meet someone and get inspired, you learn something, you're given a strategy or tool. Or maybe you get angry enough to finally do it -- you take decisive action and your life changes.”
This breakthrough separates those who are still trying to find answers, and those who have answers to give. So again, how does this breakthrough happen? How do we turn our lives around?
Tony’s answer to this question lies in a combination of tools, attitude, and inspiration from experience:
- Surround yourself with the success you want to achieve by constantly feeding your mind with stories that inspire you, and spending your time with people who have achieved what you want.
- Condition and strengthen your body. Fear and uncertainty are physical as well as mental, and empowerment will come from the strength you find in both mind and body.
- You must have a role model that has made it through your crisis. Believing it’s possible is a poor substitute for hard-earned experience, and having a personal role model will engage your motivation more than you alone could ever do.
- Don’t wait, take action now. Motivation and breakthrough depend on the momentum of your passion and your drive to make a change in your life. Procrastination does nothing but kill that momentum, and your chances of success.
- Contribution over comfort. If comfort is your highest priority, you will value it over losing weight, over getting a better job, over being happy. Prioritizing contribution drives you to do things to improve the world, and to know that you have something unique to give it.
Becoming the change you want to be is the final key to a successful and permanent change. Tony sums up this thought with a poignant observation of human nature: “The day you become a non-smoker, or the day you become a health nut, or whatever it is you become, that force of identity is the strongest force in the human personality. We will work incredibly hard to keep whatever it is we want to be. We want the certainty of knowing who we are. Identity is what locks in a change.”
DailyStrength believes that by sharing our stories and experiences as a community, we can face and overcome our own life challenges. We are proud to welcome Tony Robbins to DailyStrength, and applaud his work to share his experience and knowledge to help others help themselves.
Join Tony Robbins’ Member Group on DS
to discuss topics from Tony’s new show as well as your own crisis and how you’ve tried to achieve your breakthrough. If you’ve overcome your challenges, share with others what triggered your change and help them find their own answers.
Discuss the show and share your own breakthrough with others in the DailyStrength Member Group!