Infertility Blogger
Lee Trask is an advocate for women dealing with issues of infertility and miscarriage. Having struggled through more than six years of infertility, three miscarriages, and high-risk pregnancy, she is now happy raising her two…
Infertility Is Difficult, But We Have Each Other
Posted in Infertility by Lee Trask on Jan 19, 2011
The general public misunderstands infertility. I certainly didn’t grasp the magnitude of the effect it can have on a woman, on a family, until I went through it myself. It is not considered a disease, so most insurance companies do not cover the costs of diagnosis or treatment, and the financial strain on top of the emotional drain can be overwhelming.

Experts say that women dealing with infertility experience similar psychological stress as someone dealing with cancer or HIV.

One of the most difficult things I found when I was going through infertility diagnosis and treatment was that none of my friends or family understood why I was so overwhelmingly sad. And most of my friends didn’t know how to talk to me about what I was going through. They were well meaning, but the conversations were short, and often ended with things like, “Well, at least it’s fun trying, right?” or “You can always adopt.”

There was no Dailystrength yet, and there were very few places to go for support. I am so glad that for all the women going through this difficult time now in 2011, that infertility is coming into the mainstream, women are talking about it, and talking to each other.

One of the top advocacy groups in the country for women dealing with infertility is called Resolve, The National Infertility Association. Each year they hold a Walk of Hope, bringing women together and raising money for research, advocacy and educating the public. Resolve even has information on scholarship funds and grants to assist couples in financial need. (Type “scholarship” into the search box on any page of their web site and you will get a link).

The Arizona Walk of Hope is taking place on March 5th, 2011. Click the link for more details.

- Lee

CATEGORIES: Tips

1
i am married for almost two years and i felt so bad because i was not able to conceive until now. I really wanted to have a child of my own and i want to experience raising a child. There are nights that i felt pity about myself, i always cried every night as i talked to God through prayers. I don't want to lose hope, but i don't know how long of waiting is needed. All of my friends are having their own child and i had a hard time seeing them happy because i am so jealous, i want to be like them. I always browsing the net, looking for some tips to improve my fertility, and i followed those tips but it end up nothing. Thanks to God i found this website, i see that it is not only me who suffers this kind of problem. There are people out there who re willing to be with me as i fighting this infertility issue.
By kastyl26  Jan 28, 2011

Depression in Children
Infertility
Infertility, Secondary
Male Infertility
Miscarriage
Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS)
Pregnancy After Loss/Infertility
Trying To Conceive