Infertility Blogger
Lee Trask is an advocate for women dealing with issues of infertility and miscarriage. Having struggled through more than six years of infertility, three miscarriages, and high-risk pregnancy, she is now happy raising her two…
I Am Very Weak And Tired One Week Before My Period. What Can I Do?
Posted in Pre-menstrual S... by Lee Trask on Jun 17, 2010
About one week prior to my period, I am very weak and tired. I have tried getting more sleep, and have also tried eating smaller meals frequently throughout the day. Neither has helped. Is there anything that I can do to prevent or treat these symptoms?

Good news and bad news...

Good news is that there is nothing wrong with you, these symptoms are perfectly normal and related to fluctuating hormones in your menstrual cycle.

Bad news is that there really isn’t anything you can “do,” other than listen to your body, and rest. You seem to be doing the right things already.

You can alter your behavior to try to compensate for your lack of energy... try not to over schedule yourself on those days, no late nights out. Instead of pushing yourself to go to the gym, try taking a long walk instead. Eat complex carbohydrates, like fresh fruits, vegetables and whole grains, along with a protein, (this will help maintain your blood sugar levels). Don’t try to compensate for your low energy by drinking lots of caffeine: caffeine wil only make your other PMS symptoms (like bloating and cramps) even worse.

Be well.

- Lee

Related Discussions on DailyStrength:

CATEGORIES: Answers
CONDITIONS AND COMMUNITIES: Lupus  •  Pre-menstrual Syndrome (PMS)

1
Couldn't this be a symptom of possible anemia? Get you hemoglobin checked, take vitamins and eat some STEAK :)
By Jenidawn  Jun 17, 2010

Lupus
Pre-menstrual Syndrome (PMS)