Infertility Blogger
Lee Trask is an advocate for women dealing with issues of infertility and miscarriage. Having struggled through more than six years of infertility, three miscarriages, and high-risk pregnancy, she is now happy raising her two…
I had sex two weeks ago. Is it too soon to tell if I'm pregnant?
Posted in Pregnancy - Tee... by Lee Trask on May 18, 2010
"I had sex two weeks ago and I was supposed to start my period 2 days after but it didnt start. During those two weeks I started eating more and I got really bad headaches and tingling in my hands and feet and the nausea started yesterday... could I be pregnant? I think it's too early... but i also had sex the months before. I had my period so I dont think I would be pregnant from those times. I just really don't know... I'm confused. I'm only 15 and I dont want to go to my mom about this. and I cant get a pregnancy test because I dont have any money... should I just wait to see if anything happens? I really need help and advice on this... please let me know ASAP!!! Thank you!"

First things first. If you don’t have the money to buy a home pregnancy test, check on line for the nearest Planned Parenthood, http://www.plannedparenthood.org/health-center/index.htm. They offer free pregnancy testing. If there isn’t one in your area, you can check with your local hospital to see if they have a women’s health clinic, and they may offer the same free testing.

The second and more important issue is that you are having unprotected sex at 15. I am not lecturing you... that is not in my job description! I would just like to suggest that after you get the results from your test, that you discuss your birth control options with the counselors at Planned Parenthood, or the clinic. Whether or not you decide that monthly birth control is an option for you to keep you from getting pregnant, you should always insist that your partner wear a condom to protect you from sexually transmitted diseases like HIV.

I hear you when you say that you don’t want to talk to your mom, but if you give her a chance... she might surprise you. Moms just want you to be safe and healthy, and if you open up the lines of communication with her, you will be giving her the opportunity to help you make the right choices when it comes to your health. Moms will always want to do that. If Mom is absolutely out of the question, consider a trusted older sister, aunt, or family friend, someone who will have your best interests in mind, but will make you feel comfortable talking about this issue.

Take Care,
Lee

Related Discussions on DailyStrength:

CATEGORIES: Answers
CONDITIONS AND COMMUNITIES: Female Sexual Issues  •  Healthy Sex  •  Pregnancy  •  Pregnancy - Teens  •  Sexually Transmitted Diseases - Female  •  Teen Sexuality

Female Sexual Issues
Healthy Sex
Pregnancy
Pregnancy - Teens
Sexually Transmitted Diseases - Female
Teen Sexuality