Whole Person Health Care - NIWH

The work of Dr. Georgianna Donadio DC, MSc, PhD has touched the lives of millions of people worldwide. For more than 35 years, she has been educating the healthcare community, as well as her patients, students and the public…
Hopelessness and Your Health: Why Your Heart Needs Hope
Posted in Healthy Relatio... by Dr. Georgianna Donadio on May 02, 2013
There are two books, Heart and Soul by Bruno Cortis, MD, and The Heart's Code, by Paul Pearsall, which were among the first popular books to explore the subject of the function of the human heart from a perspective other than the heart being simply a pump which moves blood from one part of the body to another. While there is no question that the human heart is a muscular pump of sorts that moves our nutrient rich blood throughout our bodies, this function is just the physical aspect of the heart's function.

Paul Pearsall's book discusses the emotional function of the heart and its "L" energy. Dr. Pearsall beautifully describes and scientifically explains the impact and effect loving has on the heart which loves, as well as the effect that this love has on the recipient of heart's "L" energy. The human heart has its own independent electrical system (the Bundle of His - also known as the AV bundle or atrioventricular bundle) which appears to give the heart muscle an emotional life of its own.

Current research on heart disease shows that a strong factor as to whether or not an individual is likely to have a heart attack or die of heart disease is not the factors we might suspect or guess. Not high cholesterol, obesity, diabetes, high blood pressure, high fat and sodium diets, Type A personality, anger or rage - all of which most of us would say is the perfect storm for heart disease and a heart attack.

According to this study, a strong correlation was found between this unthought-of symptom and heart malfunction: Hopelessness. Broken-heartedness is when the "heart's desire" has been thwarted or eliminated and the heart is left without hope of fulfilling its desire. "Where there is life there is hope" - and without hope our dreams perish and our heart "breaks."

To understand that while exercise, a healthy diet, an ideal body weight and having a purpose in life are all part of being heart healthy - it now appears that an important factor is to keep our hopes alive and not give up our dreams, for without them we lose our purpose and the joy for living.

A healthy heart is a HOPEFUL heart. When you smile, you cannot be sad or hopeless. Try it - think a horrible thought, then really smile and see if you can think that same thought wile you are smiling. When we smile we tell our heart and our brain that life is good and very worth living. As the saying goes, "be happy be healthy." When we have fulfilling, successful relationships, our hearts experience the ā€œLā€ energy we all desire.

- Dr. Georgianna Donadio

Source:
Feelings of hopelessness linked to stroke risk in healthy women

CATEGORIES: Overview
TAGS: Symptoms  •  Therapies

5
Nike Free 5.0 Mens misappropriates inferiority four company the fact of EUR Nike Free Run 3.0 V4 46,000.On July 14, 2011, the prosecutor decision registers for the record to investigate to Li Ru Jun.
By ganni  May 05, 2013
4
if you have no hope then depression sets in. dont dwell on one thing - look at the whole picture and find little things then go from there. but never loose hope!
By juliecrawford  May 03, 2013
3
What if your abused? I try to smile but get beaten up for that. I cry, and get beaten for that too.
By drwho546  May 03, 2013
2
I had my right ankle fused on 2-5-2013, it's been a long struggle, my ankle doesn't hurt near as much as it did before. When I was using the scooter and then when to crutches, my left hip and back would hurt also. Now I'm down to no crutches or boot for my ankle my left hip just terrible, I can't hardly walk, it works better without the crutches. nothing seems to help, I have tried ice, heat and ice, drugs, massage, stretching, exercising, sitting ,laying down, nothing gives me any relief. I knew this was going to happen it always does, I fix one part of my body and another part takes over with pain.
By Oldcowboy  May 02, 2013
1
I enjoy what you write as it always seems to hit home with me. I lost my son almost four years ago, but am not hopeless. I am grateful for the 34 years that I had him. I have a wonderfully supportive husband and son.

There is a family story that my great, great grandparents died just days apart, the latter from a broken heart.
By MomofJosh  May 02, 2013

Recommendations
Changing Behavior
Changing Behavior
Dr. Georgianna Donadio
Breakups & Divorce
Diets & Weight Maintenance
Healthy Sex
Other Heart Problems
Senior Health & Aging