Discussion Topic

Step Mom no Kids

Posted on 04/30/10, 08:11 pm
I am faced with potentially be a step mom of 4 kids. I am 35 and have no children of my own so the only blending that would go on is blending me into the family. I am so very afraid that I will feel like an outsider and not really a part of the family. Has anyone else had experience with this or advice?
Showing 1 Reply
  • Reply #1 05/10/10  10:10am
    I became a step mom of two girls when I was 32. I am now 37 and still going strong. They love me and I love them like they were my own. (i'm guessing). anyway...I have been with the girls father since they were 3 years and 15 months. I am there other Mother. The older one calls me Mommy, but the younger one still calls me Julia. That's fine by me as long as they don't call me bitch! What are the ages. I really think it depends on the age of the children. You may bond with the younger ones more. It will be hard and you may want to give up sometimes, but don't. make sure your hubby is on the same page. A couple of very important thing while establishing a relationship with them is...do not get involved with the bio mother. All conversations with her need to be done by the father or children. also never undermined each other in front of the kids. If your husband does that to you in front of them, that takes away your authority. You are boss in your house. they are your rules. one day they will appreciate your consistency.

Welcome

Join This Group

This group is for step moms that do not have biological children of their own.