Daily Devotional 920/11Posted on 09/20/11, 12:39 pm
At first glance, today's passage on wisdom doesn't seem related to the subject of trials, but James is actually continuing His thoughts from the previous three verses. We need wisdom to know how to respond to suffering. This means we should see trials from the Lord's viewpoint and understand His purposes in allowing them in our lives.
If you want to profit from struggles, be sustained in them, and come through with joy and victory, you must be persuaded of the following truths:
1. God is in full control of the timing and intensity of your trial and will not allow it to go beyond His boundaries.
2. He has a specific purpose for your suffering which you may not understand until it is over.
3. This trial will prove to be profitable if you submit to God and trust Him through it.
4. Trying situations are opportunities for faith to prove genuine and grow stronger.
5. When you endure extreme pressure with unexplainable peace and joy, the Lord will demonstrate His sustaining power to a watching world.
6. Your difficulties are used by the Father to produce Christ-like character.
7. God will walk with you through all trials.
8. The Holy Spirit will enable you not only to survive but also to come out a conqueror.
If you believe all these principles, they will shape how you respond to difficulties in your life. This perspective eliminates the negative reactions normally elicited by trials and makes supernatural responses possible. Instead of feeling miserable and hopeless, you'll experience amazing peace and joy.
Reply #1 09/20/11 1:48pm
dear Freida♥Thanks for posting this. dear♥ as It was sent by today in a message .&I messaged you back.. I was going ask you to post this.. If you wanted to in this group.. ♥
Looks Like the Lord♥ answered a prayer I sent to him♥ as I thought of asking you post this♥ after I messaged you.. dear Lord♥ thanks ever so much for this sister♥ posting this.. and thanks dear Jesus♥ for hearing my prayer.. so fast too.. Praise you dear Jesus♥♥ The dear sister♥ Freida♥heard the prayer.and this is where.. All about you LORD♥ its never been about me.. Let be ALL.. about YOU♥ dear LORD♥..
dear dear sis♥ Frieda♥.. as This Message touched my heart today♥ so true all our trials dear Lord even if we do not understand them work for your Glory. to make us your children.. in Christ. .. dear GOD♥
More like your most high blessed. son♥ jesus♥ The blameless sinless Jesus♥ our dear dear almighty LORD♥ WHO died a painful horrible death of suffering.. for our sins♥ Amen
FOR SENIOR LADIES ONLY~ WHO WANT TO JOIN THIS GROUP TALKS ABOUT OUR HEALTH AND AGING. WE NEED TO SUPPORT ONE ANOTHER AS WELL UNDERSTAND EACH OTHER FOR OUR OWN NEED. WE ALL LIVE IN THE SAME BOAT. WE CAN PRAY FOR EACH OTHER; MARRIED, REMARRIED, SINGLE MOM FOR YEARS, GRANDMA, WIDOW. IF YOU ARE DIVORCEE YOU ARE WELCOME TO JOIN WITH US. . WE CAN SHARE WITH OUR FAVORITES CHRISTIAN SONG, AND SHARE WITH OUR FAVORITES DESERT. WE ARE HERE TO RELAX AND ENJOY EACH OTHERS COMPANY AS A FRIEND.