Discussion Topic

Other refuge have I none— Hangs my helpless soul on Thee.

Posted on 04/16/11, 02:41 am
Other refuge have I none—

Till the storm of life is past;
Safe into the haven guide,
O receive my soul at last!

Other refuge have I none—
Hangs my helpless soul on Thee.
Leave, ah, leave me not alone;
Still support and comfort me!
All my trust on Thee is stayed—
All my help from Thee I bring.
Cover my defenseless head
With the shadow of Thy wing.

Thou, O Christ, art all I want,
More than all in Thee I find.
Raise the fallen, cheer the faint,
Showing 9 Replies
  • Reply #1 04/16/11  3:46pm
    I OFTEN ASK GOD TO BLESS ME INSPITE OF ME.
  • Reply #2 04/16/11  4:40pm
    Me too brother Roger everyday.. In spite of me.
    Im beefing up my prayers to the Lord now.. again♥
    He calls me to do this♥
  • Reply #3 04/17/11  12:32am
    OF COURSE HE DOES. WE ARE HIS CHILDREN. GOD HAS SAID THAT THE THINGS HE HAS FOR US WE CANNOT EVEN IMAGE WHAT THEY COULD BE.
  • Reply #4 04/17/11  6:57pm
    AMEN brother..

I think its more like.... chosen.. to do this.. did you ever hear of the Called and the chosen?
  • Reply #5 04/17/11  7:00pm
    ((The called feel the tug... only they have a choice *to obey* or not..

I do not ..

• Reply #6 04/17/11  8:15pm
    Mat 22:14 "For many are called, but few are chosen." NLT

Mat 22:14 For many are called, but few are chosen. KJV

Mat 22:12 And he saith unto him, Friend, how camest thou in hither not having a wedding garment? And he was speechless.

THIS ARE VERSE ABOUT THE PARABLE OF THE WEDDING FEAST. EVERYONE HAD TO HAVE A WEDDING GARMENT ON THAT WAS PROVIDED BY THE FATHER OF THE GROOM.
    THIS IS A PICTURE OF SALVATION. GOD HAS INVITED US TO BE SAVED AND IF WE SAY YES GOD PUTS ON THE ROBE OF RIGHTEOUSNESS. THEN THERE WAS THIS ON MAN WHO DECIDED HE DID NOT NEED A ROBE PROVIDED FREE BY THE FATHER. HE FELT HIS ROBE WAS MORE IF NOT BETTER THAN THE FREE ROBE OFFERED HIM. THIS IS A PICTURE OF A MAN WHO THINKS HIS WORKS ARE SUFFICIENT FOR GOD.

THEN WE HAVE THE VERSE FOLLOWING V.12.

Mat 22:13 Then said the king to the servants, Bind him hand and foot, and take him away, and cast him into outer darkness; there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

ELLEN, YOU WERE CALLED AND CHOSEN. AS A CHOSEN ONE YOUR HAVE CHOSE TO ACCEPT THE ROBE OF RIGHTEOUSNES THROUGH JESUS.
  • Reply #7 04/17/11  10:11pm
    Thank..you..Roger.. very much..

God bless you.. for these bible passages.. I love Jesus♥ and I want to obey him..
  • Reply #8 04/17/11  10:14pm
    anything less..? Than to want to be with..Jesus♥ has never been a considered option for me..
  • Reply #9 04/18/11  3:08am
    AMEN ELLEN

Welcome

Join This Group

I HAVE A FRIEND WHO WRITES BEAUTIFUL POEMS ABOUT JESUS AND OTHER RELIGOUS POEMS. I WILL POST THE FIRST ONE SHE RECENTLY SENT ME. I WILL CONTINUE TO DO SO. IF YOU HAVE A POEM WEATHER YOU WROTE IT OR NOT; PLEASE ADD FOR THE GLORY OF GOD.