Discussion Topic

My daughter is a prostitute

Posted on 09/04/11, 02:07 am
On June 28th, 2011 I found out my daughter is a prostitute. She met a guy in the fall of 2010 that fit the stereotypical pimp persona. I cautiously gave her the benefit of the doubt, and even tried to embrace this idiot, but later learned that she had cried out to close friends that this person was trying to get her into prostitution. He succeeded!

She is one of four daughters. She had a solid family upbringing with no abuse. She did good in school and was accepted at a good university where she spent one year studying and was an honor student. She dropped out this year.

Her mother and I have spoken to her about this and she claims she loves this person. I am lost.
Showing 1 Reply
  • Reply #1 10/12/11  7:04am
    I sent you a message but I don't know if it went through. This gist is, I know somebody who was brainwashed by a pimp like your daughter. She was a college freshman at the time... good family, good grades, good life, when she got pulled into this world. At least you are aware of what is going on. The parents of the girl I know had no idea until they got a call from the police.

It is so hard to understand and seems completely illogical that girls trapped in the life claim to love their pimps, but it's because of steady brainwashing, not real love. It took ten months before the girl I know escaped and it was mainly because she wanted to help another of the pimp's girls to get out. Even though they got out, the road to recovery was a long one. I can tell you that the woman today is happily married with a child. There is hope!

If you want to know more or have some specific questions, please let me know.

Welcome

Join This Group

A support group for parents, loved ones of prostitutes. I have not found another group out there and there must be people in the same situation to share their thoughts.