Discussion Topic

ice cold toes

Posted on 12/07/08, 11:11 pm
Does anyone ever feel like there toes have been dipped in ice water? It starts in my lower back, pelvic area, thighs then all the sudden my toes will feel like they have been dipped in cold cold water and then get all tingly and hurt like I pinched the nerve in my foot oh god it gets so bad that I cannot walk. Im really scared because I do not want to get my nerves cut and my dr and hubby have both suggested this because I want off the meds and I just had a nerve block and it has helped some but the feet thing started after I had really bad hives that my dr said was caused by the nerve block and the funny thing is that even though my feet are freezing my neice just tried to come lay by me and said i was hot, so my sister in law feels me and goes meg your running a temp. this has gone on for a while im not sick i dont know what is going on anymore. freaky but i just wondered if anyone elses toes get freezing cold this time of year.
Showing 1 - 10 of 17 Replies
  • Reply #1 12/09/08  12:46pm
    MeganK08 I am sorry to hear that you are not having a nice time with your toes at the moment. My toes and feet are always cold, and they are always blue and purple. My new doctor said it is funny because the rest of my body is warm and then when they touch my feet and toes they are ice cold. But next year I will only find out why this is happening to me. I always have to wear socks because of this problem with my toes.
  • Reply #2 12/09/08  10:48pm
    I seem to find that my feet feel better cold. When it snows I go outside in my bare feet. Friends look at me like I am insane when I do that. I have rayaud syndrome also and my feet change color from white to red and blue. I guess they are like the flag. If my feet are covered and warm they usually feel the worst with the stabbing and burning. Good luck to you.
  • Reply #3 12/10/08  8:36pm
    My feet always feel like ice cubes! From winter through summer....
  • Reply #4 12/16/08  9:04am
    I HAVE ALWAYS HAD COLD HANDS & COLD FEET. I EVEN HAVE TO WEAR BED SOCKS ALL YEAR AROUND OR ELSE I FREEZE AND I HAVE SEVERAL BLANKETS ON MY BED.I KEEP MY HEAT UP IN THE WINTER TO STAY WARM.
  • Reply #5 12/16/08  1:32pm
    ya i told my dr about this yesterday and he looked at my chart for the nerves and said yes this is because of the nerves that are damaged and it will cause them to either be too cold or warm. He told me that I could just kep wearing my fuzzy socks and slippers and using extra blankets. He told me NOT to take too hot of baths because I could do more damage and possibly burn my feet.
  • Reply #6 12/18/08  2:40am
    Hey Scomfort ... perhaps you ARE insane! :) Going outside in the snow with bare feet can probably do more damage. My advice, keep on your socks and boots from now on, okay? peace and love ... Kyle Anne
  • Reply #7 12/18/08  1:25pm
    I agree with you Kyle Ann. Have you talked to your dr about being able to go out in the snow with bare feet. aahh I could not imagine doing that. My sister has reynauds and before we knew what it was we would make fun of her "potato toes" lol hers would turn red on the ends and swell. Hers would just turn red though and she has also always hated heat for her toes.
  • Reply #8 12/22/08  12:43am
    I HAD SOCKS AND WARM BOOTS ON THE OTHER NIGHT AND MY FEET WERE STILL LIKE ICE ALL MOST COULD NOT FEEL MY FEET THEY WAS SO COLD.WHEN I WENT TO BED IT SLOWLY GOT BETTER.
  • Reply #9 12/22/08  11:03am
    I think this is funny... I don't agree with SComfort, by the extent that you are actually getting frostbite and walking in the snow... but do agree that by going out side and walking on the cold cement or garage floor, it sometimes helps with nerve damage. It is very painful initially but it does give a different kind of pain but sometimes much better temporarily.
  • Reply #10 12/23/08  4:35am
    Cold helps reduce the pain in my feet.
    The balls of my feet swell and hurt.
    I have to lean back on the heals of my feet and then the heals hurt.

I also have problems at other times with my feet becoming so cold and cannot get them warm.

Sometimes, I am so cold I can't stand it.
    It's like nothing will warm me.
    I am so bundled up with clothese, socks, gloves and blankets.

It is the hat worn in bed that helps warm me. ROFL

Welcome

Join This Group

WELCOME to the Neuropathy group... For all those who have all types of Nerve Damage and PAIN! A GREAT PAIN resource area! Over 100 photos and 25 research topics on specific pain issues.