Discussion Topic

My SKIN hurts!

Posted on 10/06/08, 07:40 pm
Hi all,
I posted this on the finro site, and someone sugested I post it here. Maybe I can get some help/ideas from you...

I don't know why...I was fine a few hours ago! My skin is so sensitive, I had to pull off my panties and anything with elastic! I'm now wearing soft, silky pjs, and they are bothering me too! Poor Sunshine...she laid her head on my lap and I made her move..it hurt like h*ll!

It feels like my skin is on fire, and I have what feels like tiny pins poking me all over. It feels like the flu, but no temp, no headache, etc.

I took my neurontin like I'm supposed to, and had to take a lortab, as my lower back is in pain, too.

What do you all suggest, besides a heating pad to help? I have the heating pad on my back now, on medium heat. Ice makes the skin thing worse! A hot shower or bath is out of the question, as the water on my skin hurts too!

Its just so strange...fine one minute and ARGH! the next...Gotta love Fibro...*(NOT!)*
Showing 1 - 10 of 12 Replies
  • Reply #1 10/06/08  7:41pm
    That was supposed to say FIBRO site *blush*
  • Reply #2 10/06/08  8:03pm
    Hey Sunshine....I just followed you over here from your post on the FM board.....I'm a bit concerned.....seems to be a lot of symptoms that I have in common with this.......
  • Reply #3 10/07/08  9:19pm
    Have you ever had Shingles? Sounds like when I had them. Started out as 3 red marks like insect bite. Then they grew into one big purplish red sore. Had to get a lite cotton nightie to wear. Showers were killers. Just offering a suggestion. Bonnie
  • Reply #4 10/08/08  2:10pm
    The burning has subsided, just on my left upper thigh now. Its tchy, also. No rash or marks, just where I have been scratching!

Mizzie, I found out alot of good info here, as well..
  • Reply #5 10/08/08  6:43pm
    Hiya, I have ME/CFS/FIBRO I have exactly what you are experiencing most of the time and it drives me mad. It's the nerve damage that is causing your pain (neuropathy),the neurontin should be helping you with this,I'm on a very high dose of neurontin, also known as Gabapentin,it doesn't get rid of it completely but it does improve. Well hopefully. Maybe go back to your drs and get the neurontin increased !!! Just an idea.
    Thinking of you Barbara
  • Reply #6 10/09/08  7:13pm
    Sometimes your skin will just hurt. I can't figure out why it does that. Right now my face and scalp are buzzing with the pain. Try a warm, not hot bath when you're feeling like this with maybe a little something that will sooth you skin. Try some camomile or lavender. I never put heat on my skin but I have put ice on my elbows when they were "on fire". Try to explain burning elbows to someone. :) I'm on the max of neurontin but it only lessens the pain. Ask the doctor for a painkiller or muscle relaxer.
  • Reply #7 10/10/08  1:13am
    This is small fiber neuropathy - go check out the topics that have "autonomic' in the subject line
    :)
  • Reply #8 12/05/08  9:01pm
    H I AM SO GLAD TO SEE INFO ON WHAT I EXPE BEEN GETTING WORSE FOR 4 DAYS NOW AGAIN FROM THE WAIST DOWN INSIDE AND OUTSIDE ON MY SKIN. IS ALL "TWEEKING" THE NERVERIENCE TOO. I HAV NUDIES ELASTIC IS BRUISINGES ARE ALL ON TILT... MY MY LOWER BACK SKIN AND UPPER BODY IS REACTING WITH FLU LIKE MUSCLE TENSION AND PAIN. UNTIL I CHECKED OUT THIS GROUP I COULDNT PUT A NAME TO IT. I HAVE TOLD THE DOCS THRU OUT THE PAST 5 YRS AS IT GETS WORSE AND WORSE BUT NO ONE EVER TOLD ME THAT IT IS NERVE DESTRUCTION AND I HAD TO FIGURE IT OUT ON MY OWN. MY PERCOCET HELPS BUT I AM OUT OF IT TILL I CAN GET TO THE PHARMACY. THIS IS THE WORST OF THE PAIN EXCEPT THE ACTUAL INJURY SPOT WHICH CAN AND DOES FEEL LIKE A HATCHET STICKING IN MY LOWER BACK. THIS PAIN WEARS ON ME SO BADLY AND THEN PEOPLE AROUND ME JUST DONT UNDERSTAND AND THEY ARE REALLY MEAN AND SELFISH AND ITS DAYS LIKE TODAY MOMENTS LIKE THIS THAT
    I DONT WANT TO DO THIS ANYMORE. THANKS FOR THIS SITE AT LEAST HERE I CAN BE UNDERSTOOD

• Reply #9 12/05/08  11:06pm
    Hello,just wanted to say i have felt this many of times in my 15 yr fight with fibro and RA.I joke with my rheumo. we call it fibro fire.I've never had it as bad as you.My heart goes out to you,lots of no touch huggggs for you big sis
  • Reply #10 01/28/09  6:03am
    Well I know how you feel I go through this most days. I don't know either; it is so frustrating. You go to the doctors and get no answers; they look at you like your from another planet. Right now the only thing that is going to help me is ARUBA!!!!! lol Well I can be supportive anda friend. I do it all; heating pad; neurotin; bitch; don't bitch; keep myself busy to keep my mind off it.........not sure about you but I am overly sensitive to even touch sometimes. Tom and I can be laying in bed watching TV and he might lean on me or put his leg over my leg and it hurts.
    Hope you get some relief.
    gloria in MA

Welcome

Join This Group

WELCOME to the Neuropathy group... For all those who have all types of Nerve Damage and PAIN! A GREAT PAIN resource area! Over 100 photos and 25 research topics on specific pain issues.