Discussion Topic

Toes curling up or down anyone?

Posted on 06/30/08, 11:10 pm
I just wanted to know if anyone else has this and does this have a name. Thanks
Showing 1 - 10 of 12 Replies
  • Reply #1 07/01/08  10:26pm
    Hi, I don't think it's the same as your asking but about the last month I've noticed, my feet, down. When I lay down on my side, back, stomach. I've been calling it ballerina toes when talking about it. Actually it's my feet from ankles down. I can consciously keep L shaped on side and back but the moment my mind wonders they are pulling and down they go. Hope someone else can be of more help to you. I did see my Dr. today and asked to see Neurologist but she is wanting me to see a podiatrist ? we'll see
  • Reply #2 07/02/08  12:18am
    Hi,
    There is a condition known as hammer toes, is that what you have? I have high arches, and PN in my hands and feet. i tend to curl my toes in and down. This eventually will turn in to hammer toes, I am told by my Pod. Doctor. Hope this helps.
    Jon
  • Reply #3 07/02/08  2:02am
    I had went through physical therapy. . . when I started I could not move my 3 smaller toes. I did a lot of balance and ankle exercises. Are your toes feeling weaker or going numb often?
  • Reply #4 07/02/08  2:54pm
    What I understand from my Neuro team is that as the small nerve fibers die off it cause the muscles to contract. I have it in my toes where they try to curve up like a muscle cramp but it is really hyper extension. I also have trigger finger in my right pointer -- where it locks up. My brain thinks it's moving but when I look down it's just barely trembling. It's hell with the computer mouse!

This is different from hammer toe. It would be good to find out if it is autonomic or something else. We increased my neuro output with Pedadolex and increased my receivers with L-Acetyl Carnitine and that has helped somewhat but there are always days when everything just does it's own thing.

JoanneK
  • Reply #5 10/02/08  6:15am
    Is this is intermitant or with spasms, often this is either a lack of movement so getting up and walking a little more and stretching helps a lot.

Or if you are on a diaretic (water pill), it is likely low potasium and this is not safe.
  • Reply #6 10/02/08  9:28am
    I was born with a club right foot,but during the last eight years of having diabetes the toes have become numb too.
    But I do beleive you can get certain support wear for this,it may help.

But it might be worth checking your footware too,also gel filled pads attached to the toes may help.

Hope thats of use to you. :)
  • Reply #7 10/04/08  4:25pm
    At night when I'm laying in bed, my toes will go into huge spasms and curl under with LOTS of pain!!! I have to manually pull them up to make it stop!!! This has been going on since my spinal problems began many many years ago. It sure is painful!
  • Reply #8 10/12/08  7:35pm
    Sometimes when I'm in bed for the night, my toes will curl under. Very painful. I've had partial removal of my big toe nails removed due to infections. The podiatrist says it is nerve damage. He never really said anything definite, just nerve damage and not to worry about it. I also have numb spots under my big toes and the pads near the big toes. They are not always numb tho. My toes tingle and burn and get numb and painful. It is hard to explain this feeling. So far nothing has helped and I have to bear the pain.
  • Reply #9 10/13/08  4:26am
    I know what you mean. It's a constant battle to keep control of it (to keep function and dealing with the pain). Don't stop trying to move anything, it can hurt like crazy (an may also cause other symptoms like my migraines) but I have noticed the less you use it the less it will listen to you.
  • Reply #10 10/13/08  6:30pm
    I don't really know. they look like to me they turn inward. When i was little i had to have braces cause my feet turned inward but the braces never helped. So i would have to say inward.

Welcome

Join This Group

WELCOME to the Neuropathy group... For all those who have all types of Nerve Damage and PAIN! A GREAT PAIN resource area! Over 100 photos and 25 research topics on specific pain issues.