For any daughter who has lost their mother, whether through Death (if it's been one day ago or 40 years ago) or Abandonment, (i.e.-drug abuse, mental illness, physical or emotional abuse, etc.) and is working through the grief process. This group provides unconditional support and understanding from women who have also lost their Moms and who truly care.
- Founded On:
- Mar 24th, 2008
- Founded By:
- smilesalotusa wrote a Journal Entry 12:43am
- ablueflower replied to Alice545's Group Discussion Post 3/27
- Alice545 wrote a Group Discussion Post 3/26
- Sophia81 joined Motherless Daughters 3/25
- Cymiga wrote a Journal Entry 3/24
- Alice545 wrote a Group Discussion Post 3/24
- Alice545 joined Motherless Daughters 3/24
- Claire1947 joined Motherless Daughters 3/23
- Cymiga wrote a Journal Entry 3/19
- smilesalotusa joined Motherless Daughters 3/18
- smilesalotusa started a Goal 3/18
- smilesalotusa wrote a Journal Entry 3/18
- CarlyMegan joined Motherless Daughters 3/15
- Claire1947 wrote a Journal Entry 3/14
- phoenix wrote a Goal Update 3/11
Posted by cathy76 - 04/20/12, 01:58 pm
This is taken from Life As a Motherless Daughter: Motherless Daughters Share Their Feelings in Therapy Groups, by Paige Tangney. I have inserted the whole article in my journal. Many motherless daughters find healing and solace in the company of other motherless daughters. Gathering together, mothe...
Posted by cathy76 - 02/13/12, 02:59 pm
This an excerpt from an article, to read it in full go to: www.griefandbelief.com/laurascott-int.htm Grief: When we are in the throws of it, grief is purely about survival. It is primal. There are days when you can't sleep enough, and others where you can't sleep at all. There are days whe...
- Topic Title
- Seeing others with a mother
- Online chat rooms
- growing up without my mom
- Broken Heart & A Call For Help
- New and never thought i'd be here
- trying something different
- really need to talk to someone
- Dec 16
- New to group
- self destructive behavior
- My Story and a Spouse Who Doesn't Get It
- Lost my mom 2 weeks ago
- A Constant Emptiness
- Outliving your mom...
- HELP!! Talking to a toddler about death
- To interject, or NOT to interject...that is the question.
I'm sending a loving hug to myself because it starts with me.
LOVE TO ALLL**********************
Hugs to everyone
hugs to all the group members thinking of you all x
HUGS and FLOWERS to everyone in the group and to our moms..
LOVING HUGSSSSSSSSS,PEACE AND JOY****************