For any daughter who has lost their mother, whether through Death (if it's been one day ago or 40 years ago) or Abandonment, (i.e.-drug abuse, mental illness, physical or emotional abuse, etc.) and is working through the grief process. This group provides unconditional support and understanding from women who have also lost their Moms and who truly care.
- Founded On:
- Mar 24th, 2008
- Founded By:
- jasineemcarterr joined Motherless Daughters 1/27
- janetgail wrote a Group Discussion Post 1/24
- AthensGirl09 wrote a Group Discussion Post 1/24
- AthensGirl09 joined Motherless Daughters 1/24
- AthensGirl09 wrote a Journal Entry 1/24
- DEIDREBALTIMORE gave Motherless Daughters a hug 1/18
- DEIDREBALTIMORE wrote a Group Discussion Post 1/18
- DEIDREBALTIMORE joined Motherless Daughters 1/18
- DEIDREBALTIMORE wrote a Journal Entry 1/15
- missingmy2moms replied to JessGaff1's Group Discussion Post 1/14
- JessGaff1 wrote a Group Discussion Post 1/14
- JessGaff1 joined Motherless Daughters 1/14
- DEIDREBALTIMORE wrote a Goal Update 1/13
- ARose78 started a Goal 1/9
Posted by cathy76 - 04/20/12, 12:58 pm
This is taken from Life As a Motherless Daughter: Motherless Daughters Share Their Feelings in Therapy Groups, by Paige Tangney. I have inserted the whole article in my journal. Many motherless daughters find healing and solace in the company of other motherless daughters. Gathering together, mothe...
Posted by cathy76 - 02/13/12, 01:59 pm
This an excerpt from an article, to read it in full go to: www.griefandbelief.com/laurascott-int.htm Grief: When we are in the throws of it, grief is purely about survival. It is primal. There are days when you can't sleep enough, and others where you can't sleep at all. There are days whe...
- Topic Title
- really need to talk to someone
- trying something different
- New and never thought i'd be here
- Broken Heart & A Call For Help
- Dec 16
- New to group
- self destructive behavior
- My Story and a Spouse Who Doesn't Get It
- Lost my mom 2 weeks ago
- A Constant Emptiness
- growing up without my mom
- Outliving your mom...
- HELP!! Talking to a toddler about death
- To interject, or NOT to interject...that is the question.
- is anyone else like this?
- pregnant and dealing with death
I'm sending a loving hug to myself because it starts with me.
LOVE TO ALLL**********************
Hugs to everyone
hugs to all the group members thinking of you all x
HUGS and FLOWERS to everyone in the group and to our moms..
LOVING HUGSSSSSSSSS,PEACE AND JOY****************