Estrangement breaks a parent's heart. We are devastated and often unable to recover alone. Our estranged parents will help you overcome your fears and depression and will show you that you can have a life after your Adult Children leave. Family and friends don't understand our pain. We offer friendship and knowledge of how to survive the darkest emotional state in a 'safe' environment.. We invite you to CHAT and heal with us. Off-Topics permitted. Kindness is mandatory .
- Founded On:
- May 30th, 2010
- Founded By:
- lavieenrose replied to Ching's Group Discussion Post 7:53pm
- lavieenrose replied to Ching's Group Discussion Post 7:50pm
- lavieenrose replied to Paws4It's Group Discussion Post 7:38pm
- Cherdances replied to Ching's Group Discussion Post 3:51pm
- Cherdances replied to Ching's Group Discussion Post 3:47pm
- Cherdances replied to Paws4It's Group Discussion Post 3:42pm
- Ching wrote a Group Discussion Post 3:10pm
- Paws4It replied to Ching's Group Discussion Post 2:19pm
- Paws4It replied to Paws4It's Group Discussion Post 2:16pm
Posted by Ching - 10/02/15, 01:46 pm
Here is the grief model we call the 7 Stages of Grief: 1.SHOCK & DENIAL- You will probably react to learning of the loss with numbed disbelief. You may deny the reality of the loss at some level, in order to avoid the pain. Shock provides emotional protection from being overwhelmed all at once....
Posted by Alana2 - 04/15/15, 06:58 am
You have to stop caring about them if they have kicked you entirely out of their lives. That's awfully blunt to say, I know. But I think you have to. (Take what I say here as only my opinion and experience.) This is different from saying you have to stop loving them. You can still love them...
- Topic Title
- Do's and Don'ts with Adult Children (AC)
- Do you feel better or worse?
- CHAT for MEMBERS-Come Join our CHAT (Lemonade 40)
- Estrangement from their point of view!
- Your adult child hates you, now what?
- Questions about Estranged Child
- Our Children
- Your Advice to a newly Estranged Person
- Trying to avoid estrangement
- Protect yourself!
- My ED was a demanding child
Thanks to all who share the pain, work to recover, and try to help each other.
HAPPY NEW YEAR 2015***
Happy Holidays to all. May you all find peace, joy, and blessings to count. You're all a blessing to me.
Wishing all of you blessings and great joy for the Christmas holiday.
Hoping for peace and happiness in all of your lives