Discussion Topic

Co-Morbid Conditions

Posted on 04/12/08, 12:01 pm

A co-morbid conditions happen when people start to notice that if you have disease X, it is likely that you may have or develop diseases Y and Z. Migraine is no exception to this.

Other conditions that have a higher prevalence with migraine headache sufferers are as follows:

* Bipolar Disorder
* Depression/Anxiety
* Hypothyroidism
* Restless Leg Syndrome
* Fibromyalgia
* Epilepsy
* Celiac Disease
* Patent Foramen Ovale
* Transient Ischemic Attack (mini-stroke)
* Meniere's Disease
* Multiple Sclerosis
* Essential Tremor
Showing 6 Replies
  • Reply #1 06/24/08  1:30am
    Do they develope at the same time? I have had migraines since I was about 5 or 6 and I have RLS but I am not sure when that started. I recognized it when I was a teen.....But my mom said I was ALWAYS hard to sleep with because I was never still....
    My daughter has had migraines since she was in 2nd grade...but at this time I know of no other conditions that she has....
  • Reply #2 06/24/08  11:15am

No, they don't have to develop at the same time. Co-morbid condition justs means they've seen that people with migraine have a higher prevalence of developing one or more of the aforementioned conditions throughout their lives.

Take care,
    Laura
  • Reply #3 06/24/08  1:22pm
    That's not exactly encouraging considering the situations my 17 year old daughter has been through while trying to find meds to prevent migraines....she was taking Topamax and started having "seizure-like" spells. So she had to get off of it...then she took something else (I forget the name at this time) which caused other problems (possible halucinations, parinoia and such) so she couldn't take that either.
    Sounds like RLS is the LEAST of what could happen....mine got so bad that I cannot function if not for the Requip....
  • Reply #4 08/21/10  7:00pm
    I think I have low thyroid and that this is contributing to the migraines.
  • Reply #5 08/21/10  7:01pm
    Oh I also have restless leg syndrome, depressiona and anxiety on occassion
  • Reply #6 04/23/12  5:18pm
    YES,I HAVE FIBROMYALGIA, AND ONLY NOW HAVE BEEN TOLD THAT BEFORE I HAD THE MIGRAINE WITH AURA, LOVE LUCY..

Welcome

Join This Group

This is a place to post information about migraines as an adjunct to the main group. If you have venting or questions, please speak to the main Migraine group. This group is here as a resource so when you are in the middle of a cycle and do not want to have to search 25 pages back you do not have to.