Discussion Topic

Dry, peeling skin on hands

Posted on 04/22/10, 05:51 pm
Hi everyone. I was just wondering if anyone else is experiencing dry, peeling skin on their fingers/toes? My fingers started peeling a few months before I was diagnosed and then my toes came shortly after. Sometimes they peel so much it becomes painful. I have tried just about every cream, lotion, moisturizing product I could find, but none of them ever really do the trick. Does anyone have suggestions?

Thanks.....
Showing 1 Reply
  • Reply #1 07/09/10  1:59am
    I just started having the peeling on my palms this last week. The doctor says it is a symptom of the disease not of the therapy. I am on Plaquenil, Prednisone, Methotrexate and Folic Acid. It looks really gross and I had wondered if it was some kind of fungal infection as I had been on steroids for so long. Now it is not only peeling, sloughing skin but burns too.

Welcome

Join This Group

This group is for people who have lupus or may know someone who has Lupus. I am 26 yrs old and I have SLE. I want to have a place where we can vent, exchange ideas, and give support to each other. I want this group to be home for everyone. We do not judge, but try to bring support to all. If you are newly diagnosed or had it for a long period of time your welcomed.