Discussion Topic

Diabetes and Lichen Sclerosis ????

Posted on 12/12/10, 06:29 pm
I have had Lichen Sclerosis since forever. Just after I had my daughters, they are 31 and 33 years old now, I was diagnosed when I went to resume birth control after my last kid. At first the only treatment was petrolium jelly and hydrocortisone. Then a new doctor prescribed Clobetasol which helped termendously and a concoction of petrolium jelly and testosterone cream that didn't do anything. Several years ago, after finishing menopause and being pissed off at hubby , I quit using everything and actually now seldom have a flare. This is a very disturbing problem for hubby but who cares:) He never cared when he was hurting me... but I digress.
I never heard of a connection between Diabetes and Lichen Sclerosis until I joined this group. Where can I find more information. I have been type II for a while. Both children weighed over 9 pounds.
Linda
Showing 2 Replies
  • Reply #1 12/12/10  9:01pm
    I am not sure...but I DO know that I was tested for it, when they thought I had LS. I guess I do NOT have LS, but it was misdiagnosed and I actually have HPV. Anyway, but I remember them testing me for it as well as the LS. Both were negative. But, my doc did say there was a connection. He just didn't say what. I would do a google search, or check WebMD for possible information. Also, on Oprah's website there was a section devoted to LS. That might have some information for you. Good luck! I wish you all the best! :)
  • Reply #2 01/29/13  5:26pm
    Does anyone in this group know of people who have hypothyroid and then got LS? (I did and want to know if there are others.)

Welcome

Join This Group

For women/men who have LS.