Discussion Topic

LDN and Sinus Infection and a panic

Posted on 05/19/08, 07:12 pm
The other day after having a month on LDN and thinking very highly aready of the benefits already walking around kitchen while making meals and exercising very effortlessly. I came down with a sinus infection, thanks to the mowing of the grass outside my window an by an unbagged mower. Along with the Chicago spring weather pointing to Spring and it never showing up I got a good old fashion sinus infection. My neuro told me to take more and extra vitamin C. So I read one of Larry's links and found Dr Lawerence who propurportied no need for steroids just like my neuro, I liked his thinking, others would put you in at the drop of a hat and put you on two iV's steroids and antibodotics. He said to take higher does of antioxidants and a aid for those which I used Grape Seed Exact, but he gave some other ones you could try I had some of the antioxidants that I was taking already so I added Selenium and extra C and vitamin e and beta catotene and I did so yesterday and I am doing so today and will do so tomorrow, do not know about Wednesday. It has helped me already I am able to walk across room to cook again and to bend down and pick things up and get in and out of bed with out any problems. Thank you Larry for putting that site on for me to find, with out hit and miss looking around. I have told many about LDN already and about how it has effected me so far it has been good. My doctor supports it so far.

Showing 7 Replies
  • Reply #1 05/20/08  3:33am
    So nice to hear positive things :)
  • Reply #2 05/20/08  9:03am
    Glad to hear your feeling much better! I am a firm beliver in GSE. I take it religously. For me I feel the inflamation slip away.
  • Reply #3 05/20/08  10:35am
    GLAD U R FEELING BETTER. THIS IS A BAD TIME OF YEAR 4 ME, I HAVE BAD ALLERGIES N ALLERGY ENDOOSE ASTMA, SO I HAVE 2 B REALLY CAREFUL. I ALREADY HAD 1 ATTACK AND IT HAS SET OFF MY MS SOMEWHAT ALONG WITH THIS WET WEATHER WE SEEM 2 NOT BE ABLE 2 GET RID OF. BUT I 2 AM NOT THE TYPE 2 RUN OFF 2 THE DOCTORS QUICK. I LET IT RUN ITS COURSE N ONLY AFTER ABOUT 3 WEEKS IF I DO NOT FEEL BETTER THEN DO I GO 2 THE DOCTOR. BUT LARRY I HAVE 2 SAY THIS, SINCE BEING ON THE LDN I HAVE 2 SAY THAT THIS SEASON HAS NOT BEEN AS BAD AS SEASONS PAST, WHO KNWS MAYBE NEXT YEAR WON'T HAVE ANY ALERGIES OR ASTMA AT ALL.....BOY WOULD THAT B SWEET.
  • Reply #4 05/20/08  11:11am
    Ive put off taking Vit C as the doc reckoned C would enable the immune system to launch a stronger attack on the CNS which seemed to make sence, but now that Im on LDN and the LDN is stabalizing the immune system am I to take it, it would now be ok to take C ?? I take at the moment ALA, omega threes, evening primrose oil, plus I try to remain healthy in what I eat...any input would be great :-)..........Long live LDN !! three nites on the 3mg and doing great :-) Nellie x
  • Reply #5 05/20/08  12:59pm
    Yes, now you can take all the immune building vitamins like C. With immune suppressant drugs it would be counter productive to build your immune system when the drugs are compromising it.
  • Reply #6 05/20/08  4:15pm
    Once on LDN, you can take anything a 'normal' person would take, in those doses. So if you were ODing on things to make up for the MS, go to RDA's
  • Reply #7 05/22/08  9:20am
    Hi Annie,
    Hayfever and pollen allergens are so tiring. I did read that if you can find a local beekeeper who makes/jars up his own honey (local because those bees will be feeding on local pollens) and you take a couple of teaspoons a day of that local honey for a month before the season starts? that your hayfever/allergens will be less than if you didn't.
    Of course, this may only be of help if you actually like honey. :D

Worth a try...

Take Care Annie.

B. xxx

Welcome

Join This Group

LDN .. Low Dose Naltrexone 3.0 MG or 4.5 MG ...... Helps ALL AutoImmune diseases not just MS